Meet Kittiee's Cats

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Snakes can climb. Small snakes will climb up the wire and large snakes i am not sure.

Frank Castle Frank Castle where are you
Okay, I wasn't sure if the tigers would/could climb I've seen many in my life and all of them have been on the ground... I figured the whips would most likely be able to climb because they don't get much longer than a foot or so - however my cats SHOULD be able to kill the whip snakes if need be - but I'd like to try and avoid anything being hurt/killed if I can.

Tiger snakes can get up to two meters in length and can weigh quite a bit, they're also rather venomous. I don't want my cats to have to encounter a 1.5-2mtr snake of I can avoid it...

Damn it Frank, get your ath online already! :p

Reactions: Frank Castle

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Pen is done!!! Well, sorta.. Almost!

I forgot to sand the pallets back before I started screwing bits of wood together so now I'm going to have to sand it back while its assembled... Fun.

But all that needs doing now is the wood needs sanding and varnishing (guna pinch some deck stuff from my friend for this) and the entrance cage needs attaching to the window and covering with shade cloth then they can go out! :D

This is my wonderful handy work, I think I done alright considering I've never built anything before (other than a few small things in high school) my hubby helped me a bit with the holding things still while I drilled and screwed bits together, and with sawing half the bits coz we only have a hand saw and gosh it's hard to cut in a straight line with one of them things.. :D

All of the posts are dug into the ground about 6 inches to make sure they don't fall over with 15-20kgs of kitty on them (i sat on them and wiggled around to see if they were sturdy enough - they hold my 39kgs so they should hold two 5kg cats and an 8kg cat) and I'm pretty sure I used twice as many screws as I needed and WAY more liquid nails than I should of. But I guess that's no worse than my hubby using zip ties for everything. :D
IMG_20160907_170920.jpg

This is the entry cage where they will go in and out of the pen, it still needs to be attached to the window properly and covered to prevent small birds/snakes from getting in. I hope these pictures show it well. I'm too short to take good pictures of it outside. :D
IMG_20160907_170853.jpg
IMG_20160907_170853.jpg
IMG_20160907_170819.jpg

And these are the cute little pavers hubby put near the door of the pen.
IMG_20160906_123109_693.JPG

Let me know what you guys think. Do ya's think they'll like it?
How terrible is my wood work? My hubby says I done well but I think he's just trying to make me feel good. :)

IMG_20160906_144516.jpg

Reactions: ehh and Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
It looks fine. Great work for your cats and well done!

My dad revarnishes and reseals the outdoor furniture every year, if you want looks and longevity i suggest you do it.

You only weigh 39kgs? I am bigger than many adults it seems....

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
It looks fine. Great work for your cats and well done!

My dad revarnishes and reseals the outdoor furniture every year, if you want looks and longevity i suggest you do it.

You only weigh 39kgs? I am bigger than many adults it seems....
Thanks :) I'm not sure if I'll remember to reseal it yearly but if it lives that long I'll try. And hopefully we can get some better wood at some point in the next few years and re-do it, its currently made from old pallets, the wood was free so I was like "yeah I'll take it to build a stand for my little tank with it!" And then this happened.. The tank is still sitting on the floor of the spare room waiting for some tlc. Poor ol' thing. :(

And yeah, I'm 5'3 and should weight at least 50kgs for my frame. I'm significantly underweight and it sucks, I don't recommend it to anyone. :/

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Thanks :) I'm not sure if I'll remember to reseal it yearly but if it lives that long I'll try. And hopefully we can get some better wood at some point in the next few years and re-do it, its currently made from old pallets, the wood was free so I was like "yeah I'll take it to build a stand for my little tank with it!" And then this happened.. The tank is still sitting on the floor of the spare room waiting for some tlc. Poor ol' thing. :(

And yeah, I'm 5'3 and should weight at least 50kgs for my frame. I'm significantly underweight and it sucks, I don't recommend it to anyone. :/
Proper wood aint too cheap here. Resealing should keep pallets in condition for a while at least.

I am 6'2" and weigh about 69kgs. I lost about 8-10KGS by eating less and playing rugby and my mom calls me skinny lol. There is more i can work off though.

What is you diet like?

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Proper wood aint too cheap here. Resealing should keep pallets in condition for a while at least.

I am 6'2" and weigh about 69kgs. I lost about 8-10KGS by eating less and playing rugby and my mom calls me skinny lol. There is more i can work off though.

What is you diet like?
Just believe me when I say I eat a ton and its not all junk food. I'm slowly gaining weight now thanks to Frank Castle Frank Castle .

And you want to lose weight? Don't get me wrong idk what you look like, but my younger brother is a bit taller than you (6'5) and weighs almost 10kgs more and he's tiny! That's what I picture when I think tall and under 80kgs.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Just believe me when I say I eat a ton and its not all junk food. I'm slowly gaining weight now thanks to Frank Castle Frank Castle .

And you want to lose weight? Don't get me wrong idk what you look like, but my younger brother is a bit taller than you (6'5) and weighs almost 10kgs more and he's tiny! That's what I picture when I think tall and under 80kgs.
I still have some fat i want to get rid of. Then i want to start building muscle. I am only starting to get some now at almost 15, its kinda late

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I still have some fat i want to get rid of. Then i want to start building muscle. I am only starting to get some now at almost 15, its kinda late
Idk what its like over there but that's about the average age boys start growing properly down here.. Are south African teens mega buff or something? J/k :p

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Idk what its like over there but that's about the average age boys start growing properly down here.. Are south African teens mega buff or something? J/k :p
seems like it. I am in the top 5 tallest in the grade but we have a few real muscle dudes

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
seems like it. I am in the top 5 tallest in the grade but we have a few real muscle dudes
Take this advice however you want, but as a former bodybuilding freak I know the in's and out's of gaining muscle vs. losing body fat and if you want to burn that fat off I'd suggest starting to build your lifting routine now and work on building muscle while you still have fat reserves to use.

You will have to eat like an animal if you want to put lean muscle mass on, and its MUCH easier to gain strength and mass while you are fat lol as dumb as that sounds.

Going from no body fat to muscle gains is hard.

Reactions: Hendre
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store