Jul 24, 2007
Bristol (UK)
thats a male, hes nicer now.

nomadofthehills

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2005
danny2875;2735105; said:
looks more like a red devil. Hard to get a pure midas or devil. Alot of hybrids out in the trade.
Well, you are correct about the hybrid part, but that is why he said "midas" and not "Amphilophous citrinellum."

Either way, while correct in theory, it has more midas traits that red devil anyway, so :screwy:

dsubaru

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
Sacramento
Modest_Man;2738709; said:
The actual vent shots are terrible, but from the naughty bits poking out on the side shot it's a male.
I know I was so fustrated by the camera, and for stressing out my fish. He's easy to catch but hard to get out of tank. water goes everywhere.

orbit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2008
Michigan
dsubaru;2738759; said:
I know I was so fustrated by the camera, and for stressing out my fish. He's easy to catch but hard to get out of tank. water goes everywhere.
LOL!! Thats why you gotta love large fish! I couldn't tell from the new photos either but I would say from the originals it is a male! Sweet looking one too!

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Congrats on a beautiful fish. nice progression!

scratanut

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2007
India
www.flickr.com
amazing fish! really surprised at color change. first it was pinkish...then dull red(almost full) now patchy...really strange!
Does this happen with every devil or midas?
I've never kept any of these....
also it had a solid hump in the beginning, which later contracted and then expanded.

cichlid2006

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
Fife - Scotland
nice midas mate. mine is still at the stripes stage but i cant wait for him to peel and reveal his true colours. hopefully he will be every bit as nice looking as yours.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store