Mini-Bull Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
I would think you'd sell more if they were labled correctly. If I was looking for a finetooth, I would have passed right over the term "Mini Bull" shark.

krj-1168

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2006
Eastern NC
Agreed.

To me the term - "Mini-Bull" makes me think of a "Dwarf" Bull Shark. Not a Finetooth - Which is a fairly "Harmless" species of small coastal Carcharhinid.

And while some sources claim that Finetooths "MinI-Bulls" - are "smaller than Blacktip Reefs" & "only reach about 5' long" - which might be true for Carolina coastal waters. After all several species of atlantic sharks - appear to be slightly smaller than their counterparts found in the warmer waters of the Gulf of Mexico. But the Species maximum for Finetooths - is just as large as for Blacktip Reefs - reach about 6-6.5' long.

SharkBait81

Feeder Fish
Feb 25, 2008
nc
Just fyi.... KRJ the fine tooth's are not very harmless.. I have a chunk of skim still missing from 2 years ago. and a bite taken out of the side of one of my pools. Very sharp, and skinny teeth... lol they are not too aggressive in the aquarium. but you do need to watch who or what they are housed with....

Off subject:

I still wanna see where i got busted... thats funny yes i have been stopped but never fined, or busted or popped or how ever you wanna say it...... See if you wanna be worried about anyone, I have someone else in mind..... Try this one...

You need to pick up a shark for an Aquarium, and you drive to meet this guy, that wont let you just pick up the shark . NO.. He has to meet you, OK... but he wants to meet you in a mall parking lot in a back corner, with the back of the truck facing away from anything or anyone.... You hand him the money. When he hands you the shark he closes your roll up door. and halls @$$. O and i forgot to mention he forgets his permits, and refuse's to go get them...... Now i ask you, how shady is that

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
SharkBait81;1574814; said:
..... Now i ask you, how shady is that
Very, that is why we all strongly suggest buying only from well known reputable dealers who will provide all paper work in advance.

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
I know Zoodiver is affiliated with a public aquarium, but is there anybody else here, besides the vendors that really keep sharks. Any pictures to post?

Seems to be a lot of controversy over an animal that VERY few people are able to keep.

(For the record I do not care to see the baby sharks in the 55 gallon tanks, I mean real pools or ponds)

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
There are a lot of great private set ups out there. Ponds, large scale holding pools etc...

This spark is over mis-labling animals for the idea of profit. Also over providing misinformation about an animal being sold.

And I'm not with a specific aquarium right now.

shinypenny

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2007
PA
Zoodiver;1575455; said:
There are a lot of great private set ups out there. Ponds, large scale holding pools etc...

This spark is over mis-labling animals for the idea of profit. Also over providing misinformation about an animal being sold.

And I'm not with a specific aquarium right now.
So what are you doing these days, still in the fish keeping industry?

krj-1168

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2006
Eastern NC
Just fyi.... KRJ the fine tooth's are not very harmless.. I have a chunk of skim still missing from 2 years ago. and a bite taken out of the side of one of my pools. Very sharp, and skinny teeth... lol they are not too aggressive in the aquarium. but you do need to watch who or what they are housed with....
I know that - which is why I put Harmless in quotation marks. The fact is there's no such thing as a completely harmless shark. As some aquarists that keep Bamboo sharks can easily testify to that fact.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
shinypenny;1575662; said:
So what are you doing these days, still in the fish keeping industry?
I'm still very busy working with facilities in the US.
Also have a fairly big plan that should unfold this Summer. Stay tuned for more details...... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store