missing jaw

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
This is why you put Piranahs in species only tanks...

On another note, I wouldnt think bone would grow back.

This.....

I can understand buying cool fish every time you walk into your lfs, but you have to do research and realize red belly piranha do best in schools of 5 or more in species ONLY tanks!

You are putting way to much stress on your stock! Buy more tanks!

Go S.Vettel #1 RB8 3X WDC!!!!!!!!!

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?504763-Cheap-plants-less-nitrate!-POTHOS[/QUOTE]

letstalkfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2013
Nomad
I'm not trying to sound like an *******, but what a terrible stock list. Not because I don't like the fish, because I do, but because I can't fathom keeping them together.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
I would say put the jag down and remove the piranha from your stock. If the jag survived the injury, it is not out of the woods yet as it must compete with other tankmates for the food...better isolated him if you want him to live but is it worth for him to live with a missing bottom jaw in long run?

hamster

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 17, 2011
Ipswich England
Pictures or it didn't happen I'm afraid. I'm not going to give you grief but parahna really what did you expect.

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
Ditch the piranha, if the jag can still eat and isn't out competed keep it. I also suggest a solo tank if you're going to keep it. What size tank are all these fish in?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
My jag had a bit of a tiff with one of my red belly piranhas. And now his entire bottom jaw is missing. There is just this meaty gaping hole in his face now. His entire bottom jaw is missing and a little bit of the top. I thought I was gonna have to euthanise him. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. He still had such a will to live. Continued to chase other fish away from his territory and kept all his confidence and bright colours. As days went by, he started eating again, without a jaw. With difficulty at first, but now dosnt seem to have a problem. He is eating tilpia and hake again, and even caught a cricket from the surface, out of my RBPs mouth. And my jag seems as though it has started to grow his jaw back? Is this possible?
His jaw won't grow back. No need to euthanize him keep it in there he will completely disappear one day.

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
I had a foxface that had its entire face bitten off by a moray eel and it just had a hole in its face but it still managed to survive for a while just fine

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store