MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
I agree with his striking defense being an issue. He can't hide behind the larger gloves, but at the same time, he holds his hands very low in MMA because of the threat of the takedown (so he says). Lots of other guys keep their hands up and defend takedowns, but either way he just needs to retire. Someone is going to actually kill him.

I read the article earlier. There are a few sparring partners speaking out against him and a few defending him; it's hard to say what's really going on. If he was going hard on Hooft, then that's pretty weak.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I don't know about retiring completely, but maybe fight lower tier guys.

he still seems to have his wits about him, and no slurred speech. but then again, that may come later, as long term affects don't show right away

the thing that has me scared for him is not necessarily that he has ko losses, but that he has loss by ko 3 times since last year. before that he hasn't been ko'd in mma since 2007

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
disappointed in Rin Nakai. not that I expected so much, but was just hoping she'd be more.

also disappointed in the gomi fight. I never understood this match up to begin with. gomi should not be fighting higher caliber fighters anymore.

I was surprised to see hunt as the betting favorite. hunt's punching was sharp. for the first time he didn't fight someone that was way taller than him. therefore he didn't need to always have to telegraph and lunge way forward and up. I noticed he has hardly threw any kicks since his time in the ufc. very happy for him though. I had him as the underdog going in

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
anyways, did anyone see the voice vs fedor?

and wanderlei announced his retirement.

page posted this pic and says goodbye to wand:

Quinton Jackson ‏@Rampage4real 6m
Even tho we were enemies in the ring.. i was your fan 1st. I'm with u,and I'm going threw the same pain. #WarWand

Bx_VRb0CUAAqqvy.jpg

Bx_VRb0CUAAqqvy.jpg

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
I agree with you on Gomi. I'm a fan, but he doesn't have the same speed that he used to.
I actually thought that Nelson should have been a bigger underdog; the line was pretty even when I saw it.
I missed The Voice vs Fedor; just saw the clip of him talking about Ukraine. I'll check it out when I get chance.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
fedor didn't talk about anything we didn't already know or it wasn't anything surprising. it was, however the longest interview he's ever done. it was a good watch. I don't know how anyone can not be a fan of this guy though

anyways, this weekend is a good one for the ufc. it's got eddie alvarez's debut vs cerrone. great match up

and I am on the conar McGregor hype train. I am rooting for this guy. he is good for the sport

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
I picked Cerrone over Alvarez, but it should be a really close fight.
Cruz is back too. It will be interesting to see how he does after such a long layoff. I think that he was really concerned about coming back to early, so he should be 100% healthy and prepared. If he wins impressively, he'll either take on Barao or Dillishaw (who stole his style). I'm not much of a Cruz fan, but he adds a lot to the division.
Poirier will be a good marker to see how good McGregor is. Poirier is a big step up for him.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Just caught the return to UFC of Dominic Cruz as he made a yoyo out of Takeya Mizugaki's face with his fists...brutal stuff.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store