MMA News and Notes

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Just caught the return to UFC of Dominic Cruz as he made a yoyo out of Takeya Mizugaki's face with his fists...brutal stuff.

Stoppage was about 10 strikes late. He looked amazing!!!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah,the ref looked like he was in a daze or he was enjoying the action too much as he moved in closer.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
dude, last night's main card was pretty sick. sometimes great cards on paper end up disappointing. but last night, it was a great card that ended up with great results

the prelims was just meh, up until the last two matches and then Dominick cruz just came in and set the pace for the rest of the show. he was like a young man away from women for three years and got in there and just blew his load all over mizugaki

cat zingano came back and was just not gonna be denied. she got punished bad in the first and came back and opened a can of woop ass on nunes.

romero/kennedy, also great fight. back and forth and filled with controversy. I like it

I felt that cerrone/alvarez should've been fight of the night. great fight, went like how I expected. I felt alvarez' best chance would be early in the fight. I see that he fades as the fight goes. I don't know what rogan and Goldberg were going off about his great cardio. although the leg kicks and body kicks from cerrone didn't help him. but either way, there are still some great match ups for alvarez

mighty mouse dominated like everyone expected him too. total domination from the get go

and conar McGregor is the real deal folks. I've watched a whole lot of fights for a long time now. it has been a long time since a fight gets my heart to pound like this one did. McGregor is something special. he is one of those guys that captivates not only in, but out of the cage as well. too many fighters are great in the cage, but not very many can draw so much buzz once they exit the cage like McGregor does.

his confidence is off the charts, he talks trash, he believes in what he says, he says what he will do and how it will go down, he then goes into the cage and does it. he said Poirier is a journeyman compared to him, his chin is suspect, he will walk through Poirier and make it look easy and put him away in the first.

that is exactly what happened. holy cow

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Speaking of UFC,I watched Overeem destroy Brett Rogers on one of their highlight shows the other night.I wonder what happened to Rogers,haven't heard anything about him in some time.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
that was 4 years ago. he has since fought over a dozen times.

he fought last month and this month. losing one and winning one

he's still a pretty active fighter. just on the small circuits

lockflow-t66pe1.gif

lockflow-t66pe1.gif

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Damn,that long ago,is he in UFC?

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
if he's ever been in the ufc, it was in a chair from the audience

he's never been signed under the ufc banner. closest he got to the ufc was when strikeforce was purchased by the ufc

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah,just looked him up on Sherdog...and that's not a very flattering photo of his ol' lady.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Bellator is on and I'm not sure if it is a rerun or not but Bobby Lashley is going to be in a match.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Friday night bellators are live

he fought early last month, so him fighting again tonight is normal timing. a lot of fighters fight this soon if they come out of a fight uninjured.

I believe there is a title fight too

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store