MMA News and Notes

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
I kind of hope McGregor wins, so we can see Aldo vs McGregor. Mendes is a tough fight though. I would have rather seen Edgar as well.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I thought I was the only one that used line. *lol*

But yeah, that is a huge blow. So anticipated.

do you know what movie the line's from?

the only reason I can see why not to put edgar in as a replacement is that maybe his camp might want a full camp when fighting for the title and obviously it is only roughly 2 weeks of prep. either way, I think they should let him decide. I don't think they even asked since edgar tweeted about his disappointment

I just cannot see why mendez is the choice. who the hell wants to see mendez fight aldo again? the first two times were decisive losses

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
I don't see Mendes winning the third time around either, but I'd watch it if it's as entertaining as the other 2. Mendes still got whooped the second time, but he landed some good shots and was never out of the fight. It was Aldos' last fight though, so I'd rather see him fight someone else.
I'm more surprised that they didn't just postpone the fight for a month. Aldo isn't going to need 6 months to recover, and that's probably how long it will be until the winner fights him.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
I hope McGregor wins too, and fairly convincingly. Will just add to the Aldo fight hype.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Looking forward to Lawler-McDonald...

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Iceland
So who else is looking forward to Saturday night?
McGregor vs. Mendes and Nelson vs. Thatch

Icelanders are really pumped to see Nelson take on Thatch, especially after he gave Henderson his back, if he does that with Nelson, the fight is lost for him.

My bets are on McGregor and Nelson.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Could Tonya Evinger be the woman to beat Rohnda Rousey?

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
I'm more surprised that they didn't just postpone the fight for a month. Aldo isn't going to need 6 months to recover, and that's probably how long it will be until the winner fights him.
Yeah, that's what I don't get about this whole rib-thing... Especially after Aldo's been cleared to fight anyway. Seems like he's lost the spark and just doesn't want it anymore.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store