Monitors or Tegus?

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Haha if anything it controlled the opossum population. But ya, it gets pretty cold here. Well California cold is like 50F but sometimes it can get down to the high 30's here in SoCal

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
LOL!...I was also wondering about the weather in that area.I bet it must have taken out a few stray cats and dogs before it died.
I'm glad I don't live in CA or FL...I'd be that guy on the news you see get mauled by some invasive reptile because I was trying to catch it.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
That's exactly how I am. You don't need to worry about invasive reptiles here but if we did I'd be all up on that. I'd be all over florida though hunting Burmese pythons then looking for people with King Cobras to feed them to

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Got about 6ft and it escaped when my buddy was watching it while I was on vacation :( he forgot to lock the glass door and it opened it and got out. There's a lot of wilderness by me so I never found it

Wow hah I'm sorry for your loss. I couldn't imagine looking out my window and seeing it in my yard or having it to through a doggy door in to your house or something haha what a beast!

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Thank you for all the comments. I went to my lps to look at afew monitors and to talk to some friends about them. I ended up taking more time to look at the snakes instead haha. I talked with my Girlfrend and we both decided to stick with snakes. My future plans is to make a snake rack and expand my collection.

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
I almost gave up fish for a lizard not too long ago my choice was a black and white tegu they seemed the most tame over Savannah's and all else now I know there are differences as some will say their tegu killed there brother and others say Savannah's saved their neighbor but the tegu was the calmest easiest to work with I found.

If you want a real big beast check out a black throat

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Thank you for all the comments. I went to my lps to look at afew monitors and to talk to some friends about them. I ended up taking more time to look at the snakes instead haha. I talked with my Girlfrend and we both decided to stick with snakes. My future plans is to make a snake rack and expand my collection.
Don't get me started on snakes! Haha They're always gonna be my #1 love. Reticulated pythons to be specific

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Don't get me started on snakes! Haha They're always gonna be my #1 love. Reticulated pythons to be specific

I like the retics but too much snake for now. I'm thinking about starting with 3 adult balls. Norm, pastel and super pastel or something close to 1200-1700 grams if you can tell were I'm heading with it haha. I would like to breed boas but getting a full grown male or female not knowing if they have Ben worked with befor or not kind of worries me haha

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
There's always super dwarf retics. Males max around 5-6ft and females 7-8ft.

Really? That's interesting. Is it one of those that when you go to buy them, you just have to hope the source is correct or is their a way you can tell its a dwarf?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store