Montezumae swordtail fry!

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Beautiful ^ ! A nice appropriate mix of species, all looking great. Swords and Firemouths are a match made in heaven, in terms of requirements, personalities, you name it.

I love a tank with driftwood and leaf litter, and yet with nice clear colourless water, i.e. not looking like pee. I'll always choose vodka over scotch. :)

Reactions: Tripping Willow 91

Tripping Willow 91

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2021
England (Bedfordshire)
Beautiful ^ ! A nice appropriate mix of species, all looking great. Swords and Firemouths are a match made in heaven, in terms of requirements, personalities, you name it.

I love a tank with driftwood and leaf litter, and yet with nice clear colourless water, i.e. not looking like pee. I'll always choose vodka over scotch. :)
Thanks. The species work great together, swords up the top, firemouths on the bottom and the 7 meeki all get along really well.

My water is so hard that it just seems to eat through tannins. It's got a load of oak in here and I constantly top it up with botanicals, I can make the water like builders tea with tannins and few days later it's really cleared up

Reactions: Matth05 and jjohnwm

Tripping Willow 91

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2021
England (Bedfordshire)
WOW! I've seen the firemouth but never the full tank shot. Amazing tank.
Thanks. I change it up a little every now and again but the basics stay the same.

The vals are fairly new, I've had to thin them out recently because they were spreading like crazy. Before the vals it was hornwort. Next I'd like to try some differents lights on it but don't want to spend the money 🤣

1000014465.jpg

G5100

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2024
Thanks. I change it up a little every now and again but the basics stay the same.

The vals are fairly new, I've had to thin them out recently because they were spreading like crazy. Before the vals it was hornwort. Next I'd like to try some differents lights on it but don't want to spend the money 🤣

View attachment 1534440
Hi from N8 London, am after some Xiphophorus montezuma, I can collect from Stevenage, can you pls send me a PM, thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store