mos90's 125 reef build.

mos90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
rome,ny
i am not going to use any filtersocks. i think the only reason i would need a uv is to assist with an ich outbreak. ive read from most pellet manufactures not to use a uv.

mos90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
rome,ny
i received my 3rd eb8 outlet for my apex last night. i need to install it tonight. i also plan to hard wire the apex to my network, the wireless is a pain and u cant do firmware updates unless u hardwire. few more days and ill be ready to fill the tank.

i will tell u that the apex programming can be overwhelming. the manual is like 150 pages. but i think i have the basics down. i might add the wireless adaptor for the vortechs down the road. it allows u to switch between modes based on time of day and u can link all your powerheads and pumps to 1 single feed button for either feeding or maintenence.

mos90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
rome,ny
ive decided not to let the apex control my ato. im going to use the i/o breakout box for a flood water alarm that will shut everything off if it trips. except in tank power heads. im going to use a tunze ato system for topoff instead.

also ive decided to use eco dry rock from brs. i might buy 20lbs or so of live rock to seed but i dont think i need to.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
ive decided not to let the apex control my ato. im going to use the i/o breakout box for a flood water alarm that will shut everything off if it trips. except in tank power heads. im going to use a tunze ato system for topoff instead.

also ive decided to use eco dry rock from brs. i might buy 20lbs or so of live rock to seed but i dont think i need to.
A lot of people arent even seeding their rock anymore...tank is just completely sterile. I think I will probably go that route next time, or get a box of some of foster and smiths nicest stuff just to spike it.

Be careful with that tunze...my brother ran his tunze ato with kalk and ruined it.

mos90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
rome,ny
im ready to add sand and rock tonight. ive decieded not to hang the lights. they fit perfect and the centers sit on the crossbrace. about 7" off where the water line will be. all thats left to do after that is fill the tank and program apex outlets. i really could use 2 -55gallon plastic drums. im very excited to get this tank up and running. should be nice to work with dry rock.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store