Most aggressive aquarium fish?

szymon328

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2010
New Jersey
giant pink gouramis :nilly: haha imo it would be either a snake head, african tiger, or wolfish

Kyle_91

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2010
Centreville,MD
If were talking about ANY home aquarium fish, i'd say the piranha and snakehead and pretty even.

If were talking about cichlids?... Jag or FH.

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
I had a 4 inch male melanochromis johanni that was too aggressive for my other african chiclids so I took him to the LFS where the guy put him in a tank with a 6" green terror and a group of africans-haplochromis something, purple with yellow fins- despite my warnings. when I left, my chiclid and the GT were sparring.
I came in the next day and the guy told me he got in big trouble because of my fish. it killed the green terror and took many chunks and shredded many fins of the other fish. I looked at his tank and he was sitting in the middle pleased as could be, while the halps were crammed into the top corners of the tank.

CClump

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Seattle
jaguar cichlids are not all that aggressive. Piranha (depending on the species) and wolf fish just sit there and dont do anything until fed, pretty boring if you ask me.
Depending on tank size and what kind of aggression you want
i would go with Dovii, Midas, Red Devil, Flowerhorn for the larger common cichlids, Convicts for small. With which the majority of these fish will bang the glass at you and kill tank mates.
Bowfin, or bass (large mouth or peacock<~which is still a cichlid but a little harder and more expensive to find) for feeding agressiveness.
I would mention snakeheads but they are illegal in the states so i (and others) really shouldnt give a crap about them cause they will probably never have one.

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
flowerhorns are the most agro fish I have kept. I had a eyebiter that was so mean that i gave it away. It made the rounds thru a few ppls tanks. Each with a warning. First guy had a male already about 33 percent larger and it took a quick woopin. I wonder where he is....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store