Most over used statement on MFK when your fish dies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I agree with you, there has never been one documented case in ythe wild of a fish dying so it has to be water parameters!!
LMAO!...thanks for the morning laugh.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
You kids don't get the topic, I understand so I will try to rephrase it for you. Read the following sentences real slow....

People are always boggled why their fish has died. When other hobbyists try to help them find the problem and asked them did you check your water parameters? They reply "my water is fine". Again we ask but did you check your water? No, I didn't but the rest of my fish are fine so it can't be my water. Then we say check your water! They reply,"but I don't have a test kit". This story goes on and on until it's finally realized that their was actually something wrong with the water. Either it being too new of a new tank, lack of enough filtration, overstocked tank,temperature wrong, not enough water changes. But the end result of these is bad water quality which led to the fish maybe catching a disease and dying or downright just dying from bad water quality.

Now do you get it? I didn't say fish die just because of bad water. Yes they do die for other reasons, It had nothing to do with imortality and water parameters or eating pellets and flakes in the wild, it has to do with people always assuming it was never their fault and could never be their water to as why their prized fish died!

Hence the most overused phrase....My water parameters are fine.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
My question t myself is always "Why "don't" my fish die?"
They would normally live in thousands (if not millions) of gallons, and I cram them in 200 gals of (even worse) 100, 75, or 50.
In rivers, water is totally changed every second, I change only a portion, once per day.
We provide 1 cycle, the nitrogen cycle, yet in nature there are umteen cycles working together all at once.
We usually try to get rid of algae, and in nature algae is everywhere.
We take some fish that live in a current that would drag us miles downstrean, and give them a wimpy flow of a few hundred gph.
When I walk through my fishroom, I'm amazed they aren't all dead.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Right...I understood what you were driving at from the beginning and I enjoyed the sarcasm along the way,have a nice discussion.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
:woot:I was just bored at work and tired of reading threads of fish dying and people always fast to rule out their water, without actually checking it. Sorry I made the topic as I see it may have offended those same people I was referring to. I will stick to my picture updates.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Picture centric communication seem more your speed anyways
Happy job hunting! When I am done with my 230 gallon grow out tank check the local for sale ads or my back alley as it will be free! I always like to help out the ones that aren't as fortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store