Mouth Fungus on Arowana?

Aeroarowana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2015
After using pimafix and melafix for about 2 days, his mouth seem to look better now. The white fluffy stuff are almost gone, his mouth is kinda pink though.

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
Also a question, after I use the methylene blue, do I need to change the water? If so how long do I wait for the methylene blue to kick in, before changing the water?
The water will look blue as long as the methylene blue is active and hasn't made a reaction with other components in the water. In a tank with lots of organics, it will turn clear pretty fast.
You want the water to look blue or whatever....green...because I am colour blind....

And you want the water to be totally healthy, free of the minimum of ammonia or nitrites. So big water changes are in order but not stressing the fish whatever that takes...., redose the meds to the amount you replaced.

That fish, and I've never kept or was ever interested in them, looks to me like it ate something that got stuck in its mouth and got worse from there. I've seen it happen in my smaller fish. They just eventually spat it out and their mouth recovered. Don't feed stuff too big for their mouths.

Last edited:

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
Kanamycin Sulphate? It's an antibiotic. But I know it doesn't even harm inverts so it's pretty safe with any fish. It's specifically good for internal bacterial infections(gram negative bacteria mainly)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store