Moving a 20" Arowana ?

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
the search tab is your Friend lots of threads on how to move big aros

one thing i will say is when moving black aros be very careful with the barbels they don't seam to grow back as well as other aros if they get broken

MeAko

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Manila, Phillipines
Yuan Hao Ma;3523147; said:
2 nets close him up drop into a plastic put in tank to adjust temperature to new tank
Sounds like a good idea UNTIL the silver manages to jump in between the 2 cm space you have between your two nets!

Never NET your Aro! Use nets only to guide them underwater into the plastic bags, never net them out of water, they are much too powerful.

limz_777

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
might want to sedate it with transmore, if it gets jumpy

Meyjeffery

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2009
Delaware
Sounds like you are getting good advise, bags not a net, but be careful of the jumping ability of the fish, I moved a 14" black arowana and it jumped out of tank and hit me in the chest before I caught it on the way down, lucky for both no damage to either of us. I then put him into a large styrofoam chest with a bag liner, be sure to use a bag even in coolers, they seem to keep fish from damaging themselves on side of container a little better. Good luck and have someone around when you open lid with a catchers mit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store