Mudskipper paludarium- an alternative solution

Chuncan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Corralitos, CA
Definatly one of the best looking tanks I have ever seen. How are your mangroves by the way?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

HX67

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Up over
Thanks, both.
Sorry for the quality of that vid. The Nikon I'm using can do better, I'm sure.

The black mangrove is still alive and growing. But I think I have to either replace it from the end of the tank to better lit areas or direct more light for it. It grows a thin, weakish stem that barely holds itself upright.
A couple of weeks ago I worked up the courage to trim one of the four stems in this tank to see if it starts branching. Remains to be seen if it dies on me or bulks up a bit.

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana
very very nice!!! Skippers can JUMP!

HX67

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Up over
There's still the original three males and an additional one female. Finding more septemradiatus females has proven to be a bit tricky...

One of the males is actually digging a sort of a "nestpit" kind of thingy under the foliage of the Samolus, but the female seems to have no interest in him...
I dunno if there's something I can actively accomplish in order to "start a breeding colony", but I wouldn't mind if they did it on their own.

Kcameron

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2009
Connecticut
There's still the original three males and an additional one female. Finding more septemradiatus females has proven to be a bit tricky...

One of the males is actually digging a sort of a "nestpit" kind of thingy under the foliage of the Samolus, but the female seems to have no interest in him...
I dunno if there's something I can actively accomplish in order to "start a breeding colony", but I wouldn't mind if they did it on their own.
I've only heard rumors of a breeding colony with lots of area for each pair and lots of mud, they dig lots of burrows

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store