Mudskipper paludarium- an alternative solution

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana
I just can't get over how cool it looks.

Pandamania

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2011
Planetwithlotsofwater
WOW! That's a wonderful place for those lucky Mudskippers! And the pics of the MS's are soooo cute! Especially enjoy looking at the last one, that close up is super! His aqua eyes are gorgeous! Thank you very much for sharing!

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana
I think this is the best brackish setup I've ever seen. do you do marine also or just brackish?

HX67

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Up over
This is a great setup, really interesting.
Thank you!

WOW! That's a wonderful place for those lucky Mudskippers! And the pics of the MS's are soooo cute! Especially enjoy looking at the last one, that close up is super! His aqua eyes are gorgeous! Thank you very much for sharing!
Thanks! Their eyes are really something.

I think this is the best brackish setup I've ever seen. do you do marine also or just brackish?
Thank you!
I have a low-tech nano-reef sorta setup, but for some reason I can't find the beauty of the reefsport.

Meanwhile, the Samolus keeps getting bigger and shooting more flower stems

The first plant that really seems to like it in this tank.
Well, Vals have finally acclimated, I guess, since they are spreading quite well.

Also, the black mangrove propagules are showing very promising growth in one of those Riparium Supply planters:

HX67

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Up over
Sooooo, back from a six week work assignment in Normandie to find out the observational qualities of the live-in animalsitter have consentrated on something else than the mudskipperarium.
Both pumps of the tank were pretty much clogged. The filter was circulating very little, the pump taking water up to the pools was stuck.

The result:

All emersed Crypts gone, a lot of the mosses history.

One casualty fish, the male Anableps. Not dead for long, since I found the remains...
Bummer. I blame myself for this, naturally. Next time there will be more training.

On the brighter side, the Samolus did not mind the drought:

Vals and Lotus are showing very promising growth, still minding the water is 1.003:

The MTS population is exploding.

I dropped by at a summer cottage on the Baltic shore and collected a couple of plants:

Any idea of what they are...?

Despite the cons, there is still hope for this setup, maybe:

All skippers are doing great. Bumblebees are doing great. The two remaining Anableps were a bit shabby, but seem to recover well.
Thanks for looking.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store