Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana
more pics of those skippers please

jonny5

Candiru
MFK Member
May 14, 2010
california
just a quick question. Now that your tank has gone through acclimation and that dieoff when you were gone, what seems to be the plants most dominant? I see the samolus has taken over but what else is good? and i had no idea pellia could tolerate brackish. I would assume the java fern or giant vals are dominant under the water?

probassfisher010

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2011
California
You should make and market this style of paludarium, simply amazing! I gurantee you would have many takers, including me! Once again, awesome set up, you are an artist.

HX67

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Up over
more pics of those skippers please
Will do.

just a quick question. Now that your tank has gone through acclimation and that dieoff when you were gone, what seems to be the plants most dominant? I see the samolus has taken over but what else is good? and i had no idea pellia could tolerate brackish. I would assume the java fern or giant vals are dominant under the water?
Yes, Samolus is spreading everywhere. Blooming all the time and spreading them seeds around.
Other than that theres Vallisneria spiralis "Tiger" (I believe) doing best subsurface. Lotus zenkeri makes me happy by surviving and showing low to moderate growth.
Java fern is a disappointment. It should be the one doing good in brackish, but it only grows very small leaves.

Please keep this thread running. Your work is amazing.
Thank you! I'll do my best.

You should make and market this style of paludarium, simply amazing! I gurantee you would have many takers, including me! Once again, awesome set up, you are an artist.
Thank you!

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana
wow just wow. I think you should try building for public aquariums

mcsx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2007
Australia
Hey, awesome tank, you've inspired me to make my own mudskipper paludarium, have had a spare tank laying around forever. I would have never done the ordinary ones i have seen, but your pools idea makes it very pleasant, and more interesting to look at these cool guys. I'm thinking of doing something similar, but shaped differently. wondering what tube you used to pump water to the pools?, and did you use a tap to limit flow of the pump?.

Cheers Mark.

HX67

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Up over
Thanks, bgk.

Hey, awesome tank, you've inspired me to make my own mudskipper paludarium, have had a spare tank laying around forever. I would have never done the ordinary ones i have seen, but your pools idea makes it very pleasant, and more interesting to look at these cool guys. I'm thinking of doing something similar, but shaped differently. wondering what tube you used to pump water to the pools?, and did you use a tap to limit flow of the pump?.

Cheers Mark.
Thanks, Mark. I'm happy to hear you are inspired by the tank.
These guys are certainly worth the effort of making as varied scape as possible. They use all of it, jumping and climbing around.

I used just common pvc hose for the plumbing. Divided the flow from the pump to four outlets in the scape with y-connectors. Pump is not restricted, but the flow is adjusted to be even in between the pools by restricting the flow at the outlets. I used just smaller diameter hoses and connectors to achieve that, starting from the bottom and moving up until it was right and flowing everywhere.
The plumbing has worked with three different pumps with the original setting, no need has risen for re-adjusting.

Thanks again and good luck with your project!
Be sure to poke us when you get the project on the way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store