My 12x4x4 1400 gallon cichlid tank

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
This is just awesome! Kills me that I cant do one of these myself. One of the downsides to living in Florida. No basements:irked:

Im jealous lol. love it. I would definitely build another if I were you.
You probably have a poured foundation. Knock out a wall from your garage to livingroom or where ever. Build the tank in the garage and have the window in the wall!

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
You probably have a poured foundation. Knock out a wall from your garage to livingroom or where ever. Build the tank in the garage and have the window in the wall!
That would be an awesome idea if my garage didnt suck lol. Got a bathroom, then office on the other side (which the wife wont give up and already has a 6 footer in it)

I could just build it in the garage though. Run it along the outside wall........hmmm.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
That would be an awesome idea if my garage didnt suck lol. Got a bathroom, then office on the other side (which the wife wont give up and already has a 6 footer in it)

I could just build it in the garage though. Run it along the outside wall........hmmm.
Where there's a will, there's a way!

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
I agree with Chix, it certainly seems like the best option for a large tank if you're not worried about building a permanent structure. I'd love to do one similar some day, sadly not likely to be in this house though.

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Awesome build, keep those updates coming! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store