Looking good.

IrnGynt

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2009
Virginia
Thanks for all the complements!

orbit;3633367; said:
He's looking great! How's his personality? I love my big fh. I have him in the living room so when guests come over they can be entertained by him. So mean yet so fun?! Lol
I'm beginning to think of him almost as I would a dog. He's just about taking food out of my hand and he'll almost let me touch him. I can't wait to get him in his own 75. Should have it ready within a week.

He doesn't seem overly aggressive so I'm going to try some dither fish with him. Maybe some giant Danios and see where that goes to determine whether I add something else.

orbit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2008
Michigan
Sweet! Consider aurilious barbs too! They are really fast swimmers ad pretty nice colors. And I did not spell the name right... Lol

IrnGynt

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2009
Virginia
I've had him 4 months now and he's getting bigger. Also changed the decor of his tank around a bit.

edit:

I just wanted to add, he's a friggen maniac. He jumps out of the water when I open the lid to feed him - one time getting tangled up in the feeding ring I have. Reminded me of the movie Jaws when the shark gets stuck in the shark cage after trying get to Richard Dreyfus. He's ripped the feeding ring off the glass repeatedly and I had to flip it over because he was tearing chunks out of the styrofoam insert. He bit me twice about a month ago when I was cleaning the tank (hasn't done it since thank goodness - now he just follows my hand around - I like to think he was just showing me who's boss). Today I was fixing a filter issue and I was over the tank getting to the overflow and he repeatedly rammed the glass hood. Not taps, but BANGS with the glass hood coming up. His way of telling me "You're up there so FEED ME DAMMIT!".

He's scared to DEATH of the magnet algae cleaner I have in there though. I have to go EXTRA slow with it or I swear he'll come right through the glass.

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
He's starting to bloom nicely.. :headbang2:headbang2
Wow I like everything about your tank setup.. & the water looks so clean..
The decor on the right looks like it's gonna fall though.. lol
Are those plants real? & does your fh ever try to dig out the plants?

Jory

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
las vegas, NV
hah, just wait till he starts trying to bite when you clean the tank!
he's growing nicely, much better than i expected.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store