My 400 Gallon Steel Framed Plywood Tank Build Pentagon Shaped

ChewyFlipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2011
Toronto
Thanks everyone, just taking some plywood measurements tonight and going to cut it sometime this week.
then got to find out if i can hold out on a mortgage payment and see if i can get the glass ordered :). (took over mortgage for parents to help em out)

the stock will be Frank the Midland Painted Turtle (born wild)
Gus the MBU Puffer (Born wild)
O.G (Original Gansta) I.D shark was first fish i got to keep the turtle company, and the only original survivor. Lived through me training Frank not to eat everyone.
2 Gwuarmi's (no Names)
Sammy Fire eel Named after sister
14" pleco is another original but never got named
Pictus catfish (no Name)
Tiger Datnoid no name actually reminds me of the old guy from family guy though. always like creeps up on the other fish and rubs up against them. uhm whats his name again?
silver gar. and i did have a bullfrog tadpole but he disappeared . . .
oh and another one of my favorite who is new is a jack dempsey, no name yet though

thats what i currently have. and not sure if i want much more. see how they are in there new home, and then decide once they all comfy what i may want to add... only worry is i think its going to get real open and not much going on. so open for ideas!

i do kinda want to see if i can get a school of smaller fish going but i dont think they will live long enough and breed fast enough. but am thinking of getting some mono's.

oh i also just had some baby sword tails in my lil tank.

i dont know much about fish. first tank. main thing i go by is health and happiness

ChewyFlipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2011
Toronto
has anyone used plasti-dip or know if not a good idea for waterproofing?????
iv herd of people using in every other application. for anything going inside the tank or to make something that was not safe to be in water, safe after dipping it.
anyone have any recommendations?
need to figure out want to order whatever im going to use this week.

KLee79

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2008
Ohio
I personally use Sweetwater epoxy. Hazardous in shipping and you have to wear a professional respirator when applying..

Mike King

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Massachusetts
looking great so far!

ChewyFlipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2011
Toronto
I personally use Sweetwater epoxy. Hazardous in shipping and you have to wear a professional respirator when applying..
sounds pretty intense. i do not use safety equipment. so might not be the best idea for me.
if i need safety equipment i dont do it. but...
-rock climbing i wont be put me in a harness. i know when to stop or to come back down. just know my self well enough
-working up 100ft. dont put me in a harness. just something for me to trip over, or throw me off balance. i know my limits, and to take my time.
-i cant even wear a hard hat at work, i bang my head off everything. not use to my head being so big and throws off my balance.
-need protective clothing, yeah sorry. call in the experts for that.

but is it actually that bad?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store