my 75 gallon project

BTB0923

Candiru
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Morrisville, North Carolina
vass69;3450163; said:
Okay, if it is aiptasia, what can i get that might get rid of it? A shrimp?
Peppermint shrimp, copperband butterfly fish, certain kinds of nudibranch....and I'm sure there are a few others. There are also solutions you can buy at the lfs. You could also try a more direct approach and inject it with boiling water.

vass69

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2009
Buffalo, NY
My friends tank just cracked and he called me with an emergency request that i take somethings from his tank, so in a rush he bagged up a couple of corals and i hurried over to do what i could. Where is the best placement for a Torch Coral, I have been doing research and everything else i could get answered except for the torch. Im seeing differing in opionions over the internet, currently he is on the bottom. Is that okay placement?

Myteemouse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2008
Tacoma wa.
vass69;3456074; said:
My friends tank just cracked and he called me with an emergency request that i take somethings from his tank, so in a rush he bagged up a couple of corals and i hurried over to do what i could. Where is the best placement for a Torch Coral, I have been doing research and everything else i could get answered except for the torch. Im seeing differing in opionions over the internet, currently he is on the bottom. Is that okay placement?
First off you should get some MELAFIX to dip EVERY CORAL that goes in your tank, especially for a "rescue" coral 5-10 mins following the dip instructions on the back are good..
Second I have a torch coral and low on the bottom like all other LPS corals is fine low-medium flow for this guy
Too much flow and they wont extend there polyps out all the way.
BTW What lights do you have again??

vass69

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2009
Buffalo, NY
2 compact actinic 65 watts, 2 65 watt florecent. Is that enough, i have 240 total watts for a 75 gallon, thats a little over 3 watts per gallon...

vass69

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Okay, there in, and the torch coral already is at full extention, i have pretty good flow in my tank, i wouldnt say its a tremdously strong current but its at least a medium strength, will it be okay. and also should i just sirenge feed it brine?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store