My 765 gal tank...Part 1...

sicxspeed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Ryht Bye De Beech
I think it's definitely article worthy.....the mods make that decision in the end though..

Very nice tank, very well done and I'm glad you enjoy your fish and tank now that it's up and running. that is one hell of a filtration system you have going.

765 gallons on the 16th floor, that makes me feel alot better now, im definitely going 240 on the 2nd floor now.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
inspiring and amazing work!

looking forward to updates!!!

oftalmos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2006
Mexico
sicxspeed;1323703; said:
I think it's definitely article worthy.....the mods make that decision in the end though..

Very nice tank, very well done and I'm glad you enjoy your fish and tank now that it's up and running. that is one hell of a filtration system you have going.

765 gallons on the 16th floor, that makes me feel alot better now, im definitely going 240 on the 2nd floor now.
Thanks for the comment...

Well....with the tank and the filter it is more water ...I think 1000 gal ...the sump can hold 200 gallons....but I keep only 100 gallons....plus the weight of the rocks, the tank and the iron structure....the building is holding a couple of tonnes...

Anyway....the tank should be placed on the beam... joist of the building, in my case the joist..beam is solid concrete...the column is 25 inches x 35 iches...and the measure of the joist is something like that....the building is holding another 5 floors....

This topic is the first one that I checked out before doing anything...I called some engineers and workers to make sure the floor is ok to hold that weight.............maybe you should do the same thing....

edtriou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2007
Seattle, WA
All I can say, is that's one impressive setup! :WHOA:
Incredible job, love the cabinet and attention to detail...

With that lighting and setup, I think real plants would look incredible as well, any future plans to venture into plants?

Thanks for sharing
Ed

Eupterus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2006
Bennington, VT
:thumbsup:Nice setup, plus I loved that there are rescued fish in there...Very nice touch.
Ok the bright plastic plastic plants were not my thing.

jloos1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
canton, MI
CONCLUSION: (Some thoughts)

For me the goal of keeping fish is to really enjoy it… I like to sit one afternoon on the couch and see the fish swimming and watch the bubbles of the water…. I am not a guy who enjoys cleaning the tank every 4 days and I don’t think anyone does…so that is why If you are going to build a big tank then please think again….because you have to make it perfect…the goal of keeping fish is to have a moment in peace and go to another world…not to have problems and dealing with more problems everyday….so I can tell you that before this tank I wasn’t enjoying anything about fish keeping because my old tank setup was not in perfect condition…I had a lot of leaks on several times, the water wasn’t clean , I had to clean the tank pretty often and I didn’t have the time to do it…some days I just woke up and think ¿Why I am keeping fish? I have other things to do…….But I was so obsessed to do it right that I finally did it…and now yes I can tell that I am enjoying it.

So remember…if keeping fish is not letting you to have a normal life, if you are using more time than you should then don’t do it…because you can get a little crazy and frustrated like I was..….but if you are going to do it then you have to do it perfect and spend enough to keep everything smooth and really enjoy it in the end…and of course your family should agreed on it if you know what I mean and because if you are not in town then who is going to take care of the big fish? ¿Do you really have the time and budget to do it? You can have a budget but maybe you are going to spend more because in the process you can see that something is missing here and there…….unless you have some experience. Thinking big its good but if there is a problem…then it’s a big problem… there is no room for mistakes….one mistake its equal to wasting a lot of time and a lot of work …the upside of all this is that you will learn a lot in the process…

It seems in my conclusion that I am trying to discourage everyone to build a big tank…but I am not.....I am just trying to say that you need commitment and responsibility, and if you don’t have the experience on big tanks then you should know that its not going to be easy at the beginning…and you will have to dedicate time to study everything like I did...…

Anyway......I hope all monsterfishkeepers enjoy my article and if anyone have a question I will be glad to answer it…but I am a very busy guy.. so Im sorry if I don’t respond immediately….I will try…...
VERY well put, sometimes as fishkeepers we get caught up in all the maintenance we forget to stop and smell the roses (enjoy our fish)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store