My 765 gal tank...Part 1...

oftalmos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2006
Mexico
edtriou;1323903; said:
All I can say, is that's one impressive setup! :WHOA:
Incredible job, love the cabinet and attention to detail...

With that lighting and setup, I think real plants would look incredible as well, any future plans to venture into plants?

Thanks for sharing
Ed
Thanks for the comments....

Well...I think if I put real plants the fish will destroy them in one day....maybe I will try it....

On the other hand I have tried to keep the tank with no plants and the fish get pretty agressive....specially the big ones....so I prefer to keep something in it....also the bubbles help to avoid agression....I think...

Buckdog

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2007
So.Cal. - Inland
Outstanding. I can really appreciate all the work you put into it - especially while living in the 16th floor.

aquatic_wonders

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2007
SOCAL
Congratulations on that tank!

RBE17

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2007
Coopersburg, Pa 18036
This is absolutely gorgeous. There are so many good ideas in here. I particularly like the idea of the float valves to keep it all from flooding. Nice job!!!

Later,

Steve.

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
for someone who didnt know what they were doing..that is AWSOME!!
congrats on the building of a tight tank.:headbang2
awsome filtration on it:D

great job,

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
that's a monster tank, and a MONSTER gourami. congrats!

calamari

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2007
MD
Amazing:headbang2 i love the detail that you went into with the filtration!

RBE17

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2007
Coopersburg, Pa 18036
I was just re-reading your portion on the key valve. If you would reduce the size of the pipe that recirculates to the sump and put less restriction in your return you would get more flow to the tank and wouldn't have to throttle the key valve so much. Your recirculating circuit is the path of least resistance and that's why you have to throttle it back so much. Also, another way to do it is have larger drains from the tank to the sump so there would be more flow into the sump. I know you can't do that now, but if you ever tear it down for an upgrade maybe it would be possible. Again, this tank is gorgeous and there are some very ingenious ideas here. Kudos!!!!

Later,

Steve.

señor_pescados_felices

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2006
The Real Norcal
Thats a nice monster tank....not a common site in Mexico.Very colorful too......

In the States you can take pride in knowing if you have a tank like that your probably the only one for a hundred miles around,maybe more depending on where you live.But being in Mexico you probably have the largest personal aquarium in your state,hehe.

Where abouts in Mexico are you from?I have family in Guadalajara as well as Mazatlan.I lived down there on and off in the past however I found it very difficult to keep fish while there.

The selection is not great,it is very hard to get in what your looking for at best...not only the fish but often the supplies and equipment as well.

Anyhow nice setup, like the gourami's.:D

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
That ia an absolutely gorgeus setup with monster filtration. When we finally get to move into our house I want to do a huge tank for my pbass. You have given me lots of ideas to work with. Thanks for sharing your successful build and the trials you experienced along the way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store