My Brat pack... lol

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Got the first one July of 09' the other 2 August of 09' ? I think at least. I think.. I got them a few months before that but I have pictures dated that far back at least. I'll have to do some more rummaging. They where all about 6" when I got them.

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
MonsterMinis;4575730; said:
Got the first one July of 09' the other 2 August of 09' ? I think at least. I think.. I got them a few months before that but I have pictures dated that far back at least. I'll have to do some more rummaging. They where all about 6" when I got them.
Then you got your first fire eel at about the same time and at the same size as my tire track eel. But my TT is only 16" now.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
My TT has finally gotten comfortable enough to come out and swim around his tank. I managed to get some nice shots of him. Will have to post them up.

another update. One of the leopard eels got up into the filter, and lost the back 1/2 of his tail. I'm not 100% but it appears he lost a few vertibrate or it got chewed down to it. He's been doing well this past week. No sign of severe damage, other then the obviouse flesh. keeping my fingers crossed for a full recovery though I'm almost positive there will be some major scarring.

The fire eels are fat and sassy as always. the x-mas tank looks like it is gonna have to get pushed back to tax season. They don't seem to be growing much lengthwise atm, but the biggest is deffinately putting girth on. I'm seeing some interesting behavior that is makeing me cross fingers, but as of yet no confirmation of a pair.

EmrePekdeniz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2010
Istanbul
MonsterMinis;4694574; said:
another update. One of the leopard eels got up into the filter, and lost the back 1/2 of his tail. I'm not 100% but it appears he lost a few vertibrate or it got chewed down to it. He's been doing well this past week. No sign of severe damage, other then the obviouse flesh. keeping my fingers crossed for a full recovery though I'm almost positive there will be some major scarring
Uh... it lost a few vertebrae and that's not serious injury? I love your eels, btw.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
No where near as seriouse as some I've seen. But yes He's actually still healing it up. It looks alot better and the flesh has covered over. He's got a small spot at the very end thats still somewhat rawish. Still not 100% if it just got chewed down to the vertibrae or if it took some off. Thankfully these guys have long tails so the damage wasn't done anywhere near any vitals. I've also not had a reason to try and pull him out to get a better look, I can live with not knowing 100% if he heals up just fine. btw it looks like I"m wrong.. from whats grown back.. I don't see any noticable scarring at all.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Just because I was stuck all day I grabbed my camera..

100_0789.jpg

100_0853.jpg

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
These pictures do not do this fish justice. But you can see he's healing up beautifully, just abit of the bottom tip is still healing. I don't see any deformation either. So after getting such a good look ( deep cleaning of the tank so decor got pulled out) I doubt he is missing any vertibrea now, but it was indeed chopped down to the bone. I'm amazed at the healing this guy has done.

100_0926.jpg

100_0933.jpg

100_0927.jpg

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
The PVC isn't exactly appealing.. but it's a safe hide spot. and it cost me about 20$ for the pipe and elbows.. verse driftwood that woulda cost me alot more. I think Functional is the word used. This also isn't going to be their final tank, so to me it doesn't have to look nice. Funny part is they can move it around fairly easy, alot stronger then they look.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store