My Catfish Collection :)

Meghanbridget33

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2016
New Hampshire
I love the plantinum gar, I would die too have a tank like that. Someday when I have a house! My mom **** when I came home with a 75g!! She could not handle that 3,000+gal

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
Are all the lince's woes the gars doings?

You betcha Siamese carp is heavy. It's circumference is comparable to its length. AFAIK, you are the current record holder for Siamese carp in private hands, in my book anyway. :) Mine two are ~10" and 8".

Never seen an arowana with such a stark deformity. Wow. How in the world do they feed?

I was wondering about this too. Having watched a few times I've decided these were air bubbles, not scales. Of course, I could be wrong.
Yes the big gars seem to try and fit whatever they can catch into their mouths... I had to rescue many a Silver Dollar from their jaws the past few months. All of the recent cuts/scars from the lince are the gars.

Meghanbridget33

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2016
New Hampshire
Im new too the hobby. A year into it and 7 tanks later. Soon too have an oscar and a blood parrot! Then put my new featherfin squeaker in there too! When hes big enough to not be expensive food. I actually got him for $7 and he has some swweeeet colors. He only torments my 10 Cory cats, the two sterbai and two albinos give it back, then I have four emeralds and two little panda cats, who avoid him. They usually all sleep together in their cave!

View attachment 20160726_235843.jpg

Reactions: vincentwugwg

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I love the plantinum gar, I would die too have a tank like that. Someday when I have a house! My mom **** when I came home with a 75g!! She could not handle that 3,000+gal
Haha your mom would have a cow if you tried to bring home a 3000 gallon tank! hahaha
One must abide by the rules of the household head(s), if they are not one. No brainer. :)

The key is steps. Little steps lead to big accomplishments :)

I too started small with one 30 gal. If I started with a 4000 gal pond 40' x 6' x 3' in my basement, my much better half would probably forcefully place me under an intense inpatient psychiatric care.

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
Im new too the hobby. A year into it and 7 tanks later. Soon too have an oscar and a blood parrot! Then put my new featherfin squeaker in there too! When hes big enough to not be expensive food. I actually got him for $7 and he has some swweeeet colors. He only torments my 10 Cory cats, the two sterbai and two albinos give it back, then I have four emeralds and two little panda cats, who avoid him. They usually all sleep together in their cave!

View attachment 1195581
You are starting on the right foot! nice stock :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store