~~~my EARTHEATERS down and dirty~~~

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
peathenster;2848245; said:
Jamie - do you know how old your tapajos (the parents) are?

The full grown Orangeheads in my 125 come from a breeder in TX and they are F0 and approx. 2.5-3 yrs old. I've had them for about 1.5-2 yrs. They are about 7".

The smaller ones that are now split between my 75 and 125 are 1 yr and a few months old. They are F1 and come from breeder in Michigan. These are 3.5-4".

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
wingate2581;2848283; said:
Man I loved your tank and fish before they started to have fry! Congrats! I'm really gonna have to get some geos I fall in love with them every time I see them.

Thanks wingate! They are a very nice species to keep.

I was really close to getting out of the hobby for a while since I was unsuccessful at breeding anything. I was so close to getting out, that I had already taken pictures of everything and was beginning to determine prices so I could post it up on the web to sell it all. It's funny how things work out:)

peathenster

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Georgia, US
titansfever83;2849616; said:
Thanks wingate! They are a very nice species to keep.

I was really close to getting out of the hobby for a while since I was unsuccessful at breeding anything. I was so close to getting out, that I had already taken pictures of everything and was beginning to determine prices so I could post it up on the web to sell it all. It's funny how things work out:)
Glad you didn't :D

I wonder how long it takes for them to grow to 3.5-4" in the wild... just trying to get an idea how old mine are. What time during the year do they breed in SA anyways?

Juand15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
Gastonia NC
So i have something going on between my Geophagus Red head Tapajos (male) and my Geophagus Altifrons (female0 they have had 2 batches of eggs already with no luck(i'm not eally into hybrids but it would be nice to keep a few to see what it comes out.)
this is the 2nd time i have seen the eggs of the tapajos that their parents dont seem to pick them up right after laying, my female altifrons would do so right after.

so i think either these guys can't inter breed or one of my fish is unfertile.

(Remember i dont really want hybrids)

i have been looking for a female Tapajos & a male Altifrons.

Best regards.

Juan

By the way Great Tank and fish Titan.

edburress

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
Auburn, Alabama
Jamie... great to hear you have some fry safe, it looks like their doing great! I enjoyed watching the video and it sounds like you'll have a lot more fry on your hands soon. Good luck and keep updating.

Juan... I doubt those two species could interbreed, but I would be interested to hear if they do so successfully.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store