My failed attempt at a dirted tank

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
Thanks for the update, doomiedee, good to know. I'm working on mineralizing my dirt at the moment and every bit of info along the way helps. I was planning 1:1 ratio on substrate, but not any longer. I'm also hoping to build up the substrate in some spots, but I'm also worried about going too deep and getting noxious gases. I plan to silicone some styrofoam under the soil in spots to raise up the substrate base height without having to do it with soil....it works in my mind, here's hoping it works in real-life.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Thanks for the update, doomiedee, good to know. I'm working on mineralizing my dirt at the moment and every bit of info along the way helps. I was planning 1:1 ratio on substrate, but not any longer. I'm also hoping to build up the substrate in some spots, but I'm also worried about going too deep and getting noxious gases. I plan to silicone some styrofoam under the soil in spots to raise up the substrate base height without having to do it with soil....it works in my mind, here's hoping it works in real-life.
I don't think you will get those type of gases with a dirted tank. I'm not sure but I would think that the plants will eliminate that

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store