My First Big Boy Tank!

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
Looks great I think some plywood on the back and sides would not be a bad idea for extra support, then you could take of the cross braces and make it look more finished and even make some doors to store you fish supplies,Just a Idea noel

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Looks great I think some plywood on the back and sides would not be a bad idea for extra support, then you could take of the cross braces and make it look more finished and even make some doors to store you fish supplies,Just a Idea noel
Tank is a bit scratched up and residing in a dark, unfinished basement. Basically, it isn't a show tank, so how it looks isn't important........especially considering most of the time it is covered by pink rigid foam (for heat retention) anyway.
Stand is solid. There are lots of times, I'm pulling myself up or leaning on it during maintenances and such, and it doesn't so much as budge.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
It s been just over a year since I resealed the beat up 180, and so far its been solid. CAs are growing steadily, since I'm not over feeding them.....so to not have them grow out too quickly.....just to give me more time to plan the big plywood tank project.
[video=youtube;1AUj-IoVKGM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AUj-IoVKGM&list=UUVAa4iHbR5RwjOAqtNNS4RQ&index=1[/video]

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Looks great. That Zonatus looks good--that's gonna be a beast. How's the Regani? Is it mean or calm?

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Looks great. That Zonatus looks good--that's gonna be a beast. How's the Regani? Is it mean or calm?
Not a zonatus, its a blue fenestratus.....its a beautiful fish about 7" right now.

Regani tries to be territorial but it seems to be fairly mellow. Its one of the smaller fish (about 5") so not sure yet.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
you should put some of that foam under your filters it will help keep that water off the cold floor...
Yea, been contemplating that as well. Just kind of a pain in dealing with water spills during maintenances. However, since last winter, I've actually wrapped all three filters in individual sleeping bags.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Not a zonatus, its a blue fenestratus.....its a beautiful fish about 7" right now.

Regani tries to be territorial but it seems to be fairly mellow. Its one of the smaller fish (about 5") so not sure yet.
That's not a Zonatus in the front of the tank at 21-23 seconds?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store