My First Big Boy Tank!

jeremoose

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
Canada
For your sump, what are you going to use for an overflow (I didn't notice the tank being drilled)? Also, everything looks good so far!

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Hahha! Well I'm glad you used some cross-bracing! Tank looks good! 2 large canisters and a sump? That's all fine and great but a sump would be fine or the canisters no need for all of that. You reach a certain point of filtration and the rest is just regular water changes!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
2 canisters wil be fine for awhile, but ultimately I plan to have a number of good size fishes in here, mainly Viejas. Big bio load needs big filtration. So, the canisters are my mechanical and the sump my biological. I believe in overkill when it comes to filtrations.

poppalina

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2010
Boston
The way the stand wraps around the top and bottom frame is a good idea, more so for those tanks with broke cross braces. It must have been a real pain to set that tank on the stand.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Looks good, how did you get the tank in ith that top brace?
The 2 front studs are srewed into place once the tank is lid into place. My neighbor, who is a carpenter, was really impressed by my build.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
For your sump, what are you going to use for an overflow (I didn't notice the tank being drilled)? Also, everything looks good so far!
I'm not ready to drill a tank especially my first big tank. I'm going to be doing those diy pvc overflows.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Great job, impresive stand build.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
The way the stand wraps around the top and bottom frame is a good idea, more so for those tanks with broke cross braces. It must have been a real pain to set that tank on the stand.
Yes, it was. We only had to move it like 18 feet and I thought one of my neighbors that helped had a hernia lol. The height of the stand didn't help either especially when I'm only 5'6" and just had shoulder surgery 7 weeks prior........didn't mentioned this to my surgeon during my office visit last week lol

cali~budfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2008
Sacramento
One of the nicest diy stands I've seen. I know the triangles in the frame are for structure but they actually make it look really nice. Good job broseph.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store