My first red Wolf fIsh

Aronus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio
Yeah... The payara is about 5-6 inches now. Very spooky fish, hides all the time. Not a very fun fish to watch. Saw it eat a few feeders but other than that it's under the driftwood. The wolves are aggresive towards it! These wolves are by far the most aggressive fish I've ever seen! And I had a five pound snakehead before. And these reds are insane!!!! Love them

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Yea that payara may eventually eat those reds. Looks like a red tail. They get big and may take out the little wolves. May need a 2nd smaller tank in case. How big is the payara? A scomb would be no issue with a fully grown or almost full grown red wolf.

+1
def looks like a red tail which as far as I know in home aquaria gets to around 18 in. Correct me if I'm wrong. Obviously it'd take a while to get here, but I think it'll outgrow and then begin to predate upon the wolves. But it may work if he accepts them as tankmates.

Aronus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio
So far so good. The payara hides all the time. The wolves were picking on it for a couple days. My red wolf has doubled in size in a week!! I'm in the process of getting a 300 gallon tank. Plus I have a 55 if I need to move them.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
That's good to hear. And maybe he'll come around and get brave lol. Idk I don't have experience with tats. And that's surprising growth for a red I think? Lol. And that's good. You could house a red in a 55 for life, but only one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store