Cliff519

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2010
Canada
FLESHY;4579758; said:
Wheres the rock? Wheres the full tank? :D
It's com'n it's com'n :)

Got the tank 3/4 full now. I should have got a RO unit with a booster pump, I would be done by now.

Live rock will be delivered to our LFS by Friday.

Stay tuned, should have picks with everything in it (expect substraight and lighting) this weekend. :headbang2

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Cliff519;4580364; said:
It's com'n it's com'n :)

Got the tank 3/4 full now. I should have got a RO unit with a booster pump, I would be done by now.

Live rock will be delivered to our LFS by Friday.

Stay tuned, should have picks with everything in it (expect substraight and lighting) this weekend. :headbang2
Yay! This is probably one of the better build threads we have had in awhile.

This weekend I am doing a complete reef overhaul...there will be pictures. I am also going to do a feeding on my 125g softie reef...and there will be pics and videos of that as well. So...yay! Lots of stuff coming up on MFK this weekend!

Cliff519

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2010
Canada
Thank you very much Fleshy

Got the tank full and everything is up and running. Salinity is between 1.024 and 1.025 (testing with a Vertex refactormeter), temp 79.5F and 8.2 PH. I’m ready to add the live rock and cycle the tank.

Good thing I won’t be getting the live rock until this weekend. It will likely take me that long to get my skimmer adjusted correctly. It’s a used red-sea Berlin 2 skimmer so it’s not going through a break-in period. It’s just a darn touchy skimmer. Keep in mind; I’m using the term “touchy” because this is a family form so I can’t use the correct terms to describe my true feelings about this skimmer. I won’t be able to up-grade my skimmer soon enough.

More pics to follow this weekend

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Cliff519;4583286; said:
Thank you very much Fleshy

Got the tank full and everything is up and running. Salinity is between 1.024 and 1.025 (testing with a Vertex refactormeter), temp 79.5F and 8.2 PH. I’m ready to add the live rock and cycle the tank.

Good thing I won’t be getting the live rock until this weekend. It will likely take me that long to get my skimmer adjusted correctly. It’s a used red-sea Berlin 2 skimmer so it’s not going through a break-in period. It’s just a darn touchy skimmer. Keep in mind; I’m using the term “touchy” because this is a family form so I can’t use the correct terms to describe my true feelings about this skimmer. I won’t be able to up-grade my skimmer soon enough.

More pics to follow this weekend
Warned you about those skimmers lol look into AquaC...they make nice easy skimmers.

Cliff519

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2010
Canada
FLESHY;4584611; said:
Warned you about those skimmers lol look into AquaC...they make nice easy skimmers.

Yes sir you sure did.

I'm just going to use this one for a few months untill I can save up some cash for a good one. That is, assuming I don;t toss the thing out the window in a fit of rage :nilly: Havn't really looked into it yet, but I am going to look at a few models including a AquaC. Just have to wait until after X-mass.

I haven't forgotten about your great advice :headbang2

kjfan1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Central Iowa
www.djiowa.com
Good luck on your SW experience. I just moved my ten gallon inhabitants into a 29. They seem happy. Lots of helpful SW pros here whenever you need em!

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
kjfan1;4587039; said:
Good luck on your SW experience. I just moved my ten gallon inhabitants into a 29. They seem happy. Lots of helpful SW pros here whenever you need em!
We thank you. :D

Cliff519

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2010
Canada
No new pics this weekend. Our SW LFS did not get in the live rock they ordered. Hopefully their vendor will ship it this coming week

This will give me even more time to wash the sand substright I got for the tank.

When trying to figure why, ( after two cleanings followed by a week of running) my used skimmer wasn’t working correctly, I noticed it was sucking up bubbles from the tank drain line. I put a filter sock on the drain line and no more bubbles in the sump. Skimmer is working OK(ish) now. That is, OK for a mid to low quality skimmer. I’m still going to up-grade the skimmer soon when I get a chance to research the brands everyone has suggested here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store