Jan 23, 2011
Tatooine

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
still so far so good, i haven't noticed any problem at all with the sunnys, the big one can be a bit of a jerk but other than the first like 15 minutes after i put mr gar in no other fish in the tank has really seemed like they even know hes there, they just leave him alone
good to hear, and good luck. remember to monitor closely as it's been well-established that these sorts of issues can take time to develop. unless it's a very large aquarium sunfishes and gars will usually end up at odds with each other on some detrimental level. plenty of info to do background checks on this sort of setup. again, good luck with the fishes--
--solomon

jardiniarokeep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2011
Brunei Darussalam
really?

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Yea search it, the guy even has a pic of when he caught it! Im just pointing out that some irresponsible people ditch their fish for w/e reasons and if it can survive the winter then it will most likely grow! A few bad people ruined it and even the threat is enough to make it a law imo.

#1 S. Vettel

canie808

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
Wow...lol..we're not a lame state, we just have old laws.

Weird, we have snakeheads that were somehow introduced to a reservoir here. Probably smuggled in as a pet and later dumped.

The Department of Land and Natural Resource guys have been trying to catch and kill them all. Catching and raising a snakehead can be subject to a $10,000 -$50,000 fine.

There have been a few fisherman who have caught and youtube'd for proof, gars, in the same reservoir/lake here. After seeing many of the videos, I believe it to be needlefish. Yet I have only seen needlefish in the ocean while diving. Never-the-less, i'd love to get my hands on a freshwater needle.

I'd better check the laws on that too...lol

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

N8sharpe

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2012
Cincinnati
look at this awesome fellow!!!! Just got him yesterday, a great addition to my tank, been wanting one for a long time! Theres more pics in my thread for my native tank if anybody cares!
Very nice fish

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store