My New Jardini - STOKED!!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Lol quality , just leave them in there mate little clean up crew , he probably won't catch them anyway they'll be too quick once that jar shaped shadow approaches them they'll be off under some wood :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
Lol quality , just leave them in there mate little clean up crew , he probably won't catch them anyway they'll be too quick once that jar shaped shadow approaches them they'll be off under some wood :D

Spot on evz. Even if I wanted to take them out I probably couldn't. I didn't even know they were there till I spotted the babies this morning.

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
Ur toga looks like he's growing nicely. I wish mine had spots similar to urs

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Thanks Steve glad you like it :) im keeping with the same diet as my last one as his colours were amazing one of the brightest I've seen , hopefully I can produce something as nice this time around

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
Apparently prawns and crustaceans in general help bring out red and orange colours in fish. Since getting my jar I've wondered if there is a particular food to increase his darkness lol.

Minor success today... He grabbed a hikari carnivore pellets as it was sinking. Even though he spat it out for me it's a pretty good sign.

When I got home from work today I counted 23 baby calico b/n... A pretty decent batch considering I wasn't even aware the parents were living in my tank.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Cool on ye baby brislenoses mate :cool:
I've always fed my jars prawns for colour both shell on and shell of but always uncooked , along with whitebait , muscle, squid rings , and pellet hikari carnivore sticks are pellet of choice
I suppose the only way to make yours darker would be a low quality pellet with less or no colour additives or enhancements but that's gona effect the growth , black the sides and back out with acrylic paint that'll darken him down

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
Making my jar darker with food is more my curiosity than anything. I know I should be happy with what I have lol. Ive already got a black background and some black substrate for him so in reality that should be plenty.

He's slowly coming out of his shell again. Chasing pellets as they sink - not eating them but it's a start. Tomorrow after work I might try to give him something meaty like squid or krill. I just hope he doesn't end up smashing the scat/monos lol

Sent from my D5322 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
I think the scat's colours are starting to come through. Still really shy until feeding time though. DSC_0042.JPGDSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Looking great mate I want one ;):D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com