My New Jardini - STOKED!!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Nice mate love the scat , what's he been lie with them so far ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
The scat and both monos are still shy but at least they're eating now. Luckily there's plenty of structure for them to hide around. I can't wait till they start showing their colours

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I think they colour up best in brackish water mate my LFS has got a few in there marine setup too there thriving , they've got a green scat that's got bright orange tints to it's head it looks amazing under coral LEDs I'll try get a snap next time I'm in

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
Well based on how much salt I had to put in because of the togas scales. It might actually be brackish now.

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
This is the jar with some scales missing. Do you guys think its weird that he hasn't eaten the last 2 days or could it simply be linked to the stress/anguish of losing his scales.

I've also noticed he goes much lighter in colour when the lights are off for a long time - sort of like a dirty bronze colour. Keeping fish never ceases to amaze me
DSC_0034.JPGDSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0034.JPG

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I'm sure he'll eat again soon enough mate just better hope when he does decide he's ready the scat doesn't end up on the menu ;)

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
Yeah, let's hope he doesn't. That's kind of why I got those types of fish for him aswell... Difficult shape to swallow whole.

Have any of your jars gone through this hunger strike phase because I can't ever recall this happening with any of mine. My rays did this fairly often but never from a toga

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I thought that about that datnoid mate big spikes dorsal , it seems my jar didn't want to be at him just terrorise it to death :banghead::(
My other jar did do a few hunger strikes in his lifetime mate don't worry he'll eat eventually , what foods have you tried him on so far ?
When mine jumped out of the tank and I found him on the floor drying up he was pretty much dead I managed to revive him after an hour but he didn't eat for weeks after (input it down to shock and healing process)

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
That's pretty reassuring. Lol I've never been so nervous about losing a jar even though I know they're tough as nails. So far I've tried to feed krill, squid, whitebait and pellets. I've also tried mealies but no luck with them

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Just give it time mate just needs the time to recover , keep your lights off or dimmed for few days that'll help , hope he eats soon I'm sure he'll be fine they can keep strong for a long time with no food and clean water

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store