My New Jardini - STOKED!!

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
Ur Jardini looks like he's really spotted in the fins. He'll definitely grow into something awesome if u feed him right.

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
Oh yeah Evz, I forgot to mention... I lost my previous jar aswell. I did a small water change then left to go out to dinner. When I got back he was upside down gasping for air. I'm guessing he hit his head on something - maybe the support brace on top of the tank. Was pretty gutted when I came home to that. He was almost 12inches when he carked it.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I've had him since November he was about 5" when I got him , it wasn't a bad batch to be fair they all looked pretty good quality so I just went with the one with most spangles :D there was three like mine so I gave my kids the choice out of the three and they picked for me , otherwise I'd still be on the shop deciding now lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
Lol. At least you would have been deciding...I would have just got them all.

Just fed my toga a big chunk of squid. I should have recorded it. Such a savage eater. After seeing that, I'd honestly feel bad if I stuck a feeder fish in there

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Oh yeah Evz, I forgot to mention... I lost my previous jar aswell. I did a small water change then left to go out to dinner. When I got back he was upside down gasping for air. I'm guessing he hit his head on something - maybe the support brace on top of the tank. Was pretty gutted when I came home to that. He was almost 12inches when he carked it.
What a bummer I reckon your correct on that one not much else could have caused that , sometimes fishkeeping can be a nightmare all part of the learning curve of the hobby I suppose :banghead:

I've not heard anything from turtles he's probably dug his whole parents yard up by now with a massive pond build (turtle rescue centre lol :D)

This new jar of mine is quite calm again ATM but I'm not holding my breath as another killing spree could be on the way at 10" mark , just have to keep fingers crossed nothing gets bullied to death

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
This new jar of mine is quite calm again ATM but I'm not holding my breath as another killing spree could be on the way at 10" mark , just have to keep fingers crossed nothing gets bullied to death

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App[/QUOTE]

It's funny how they do that. When they're really young they'll school together - safety in numbers I guess. But once they reach a particular size, many of them will become unpredictable psychopaths.

My toga can be pretty agro at times. Only a few hours after dropping him in he was ready to kill my jag - who has had that tank all to himself for many months lol.

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
Still really cool though. I didn't even know they could be found in this color.

There's a thread somewhere on here with a wild caught Saratoga with a black and yellow pattern. Very similar to a koi. It's amazing what's really out there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store