My New Monster-To-Be

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Good news! I looked in every crevicd of the tub he's in and the worm is nowhere to be found :). It's also not dried up on the outside of the bin so I'm going to assume he's eating now. Going to transfer him to my 75 within the next week hopefully.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Why was a freshwater fish at the beach?
It was a lake. Where I am from any sandy area next to the water is referred to as a beach. Even if it is a lake, pond, stream or river. When you go to the ocean its going to the shore.

How is the bull head doing? Really excited for you.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
It was a lake. Where I am from any sandy area next to the water is referred to as a beach. Even if it is a lake, pond, stream or river. When you go to the ocean its going to the shore.

How is the bull head doing? Really excited for you.
He's doing good. Glad I got him to finally eat. He doesn't so anything but hide under the sponge filter in his bin all day unless I pick it up (which I do once or twice a day to check on him) but then he swims all over the place. At least I'll be able to see him from a side view once he's I'm my 75 gallon.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Looks like you are consciously skipping QT (in a tank where it can be seen well for 2 months at least) and not going to make sure it has no parasites. It's a gamble which may or may not have consequences. Overall, this is not a good practice, I am rather sure, anyone would tell you. Sorry about repeating myself. Just a friendly warning, is all. It's your hobby, Dive :) Needless to say, do as you will :) but keep us posted.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Looks like you are consciously skipping QT (in a tank where it can be seen well for 2 months at least) and not going to make sure it has no parasites. It's a gamble which may or may not have consequences. Overall, this is not a good practice, I am rather sure, anyone would tell you. Sorry about repeating myself. Just a friendly warning, is all. It's your hobby, Dive :) Needless to say, do as you will :) but keep us posted.
Yeah I know, I'm not someone that QTs for a while. I know it's risky but I've never quarantined any fish and I'm still fine surprisingly. Another problem is I'm going on vacation in a week or two and am not going to be home to change water in its bin every other day and I doubt it could go much longer than that with the amount of filth he produces.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Little guy is still doing good in his bin. Taking forever to get rid of the cichlids to make room for him in my 75 since the guy I'm giving it to never answers any messages or calls I give him about when the best time to get them to him is, hope he isn't backing out. Regardless I'll be giving the cichlids to either him or some other LFS within the next week or so since I'm anxious to get the bullhead in his tank. His diet is down to just 1/4-1/3 of a nightcrawler every night now. Still only comes out when I pick up his sponge filter but I'm expecting him to be more active once he's adjusted to tank life.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store