My New ST Datnoid

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
So i finally threw in my ST in my main 180g tank. My aro wouldnt stop attacking it.

Would this aggression eventually stop after my aro puts this ST in its place. Lol

180g with one smaller indo, 7 CL, three SD. And motoro

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
Heres an update on my ST. Finally moved him from a 55g to his new 150g. Tank was cycled. Heres a few pics.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1401760143.674021.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1401760163.240370.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1401760185.824280.jpg

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
His main diet is hikari floating sticks, but for some reason he is not getting fat from it.

And for the last week or so when he was in his old tank, he would only eat a few pcs of pellets and the rest he ignores.

He loves market shrimp but i find it too annoying to feed them those and is afraid he might not want to eat pellets anymore. He did colored up nicely in his new tank.

He is always very active when you go near the tank, hence begging for food

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Ever treat him for internal parasites? That could be a reason why he seems to be at a stand still in the weight. Try packing shrimp with pellets for awhile? That may help

Big Rob Gee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2014
schaumbug illnois
Finally after a few weeks of searching the right ST, I went back to same person that I got my previous ST from.

It was a risky purchase bc temp in Ny was 20-30 degrees and it came all the way from Hawaii. As you know, Datnoids have sharp dorsal fins that can easily poke through the bags. No live arrival guarantee was discuss. Plus the ST was so skinny as per pics provided.

I couldn't refuse its SIZE and reasonable price compared to other sellers.

Sneaked out of my bed while wife still asleep. Lol I had to be at airport 7am sunday to pick it up at freezing temp. Bought bottles of hot water as a precaution if the package comes cold. After a full hour of getting the heavy box to me, finally got it. Checked temp (73 degrees) put bottle of hot water inside the box and drove. Drip the package in dim room. Put a drop of prime. I set the quarantine tank temp at 75 degrees prior so its easier for fish to adjust.

First few pics is from seller. It was so skinny when i got it that the stomach sunk in. Swimming downwards. After few hours i threw in some hikari sticks and it took it right away. Now only a few days, its packing weight with market shrimp and pellets. Currently in 55g quarantine tank. I know its small but i do daily 10% water changes. Look so much better than day one

Coming in at only 11", feather weight, eats like a champ, hand feed/pellet train:

Wow nice st
I miss mines
good luck with urs

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Start feeding him hikari massivore pellets.
They are a bit more dense than the sticks and have a smell most fish cant resist.
Good find and good job getting him a bit fatter. He looks much better now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store