My new tank (first real MONSTER)

Hdeuce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
Syracuse
i would definately recommend rays. I love them , with a black sand substrate , A couple freshwater rays , maybe a freshwater eel or two , ghost knifes are cool i dont really know what mixes well with what but in a tank that size if it was well planted you could keep almost anything and still have enough room for them to claim their own territory. Keep an open mind a tank that size most smaller tank restrictions can be thrown out the window.

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
I had thought that but it seems that rays and aros are about the only thing people want to stock in huge tanks. And that just not me. I mean that WAS my first thought but I just can't bring myself to the idea yet. I was also thinking gars but most nice gars that I know of will still ourgrow this tank. unless I can work something out with a bass proshop I got near to take a big gar off my hands once it outgrows the tank I don't want to do that either. I was thinking lungfish but after I found they are not real friendly with tankmates that idea got shot down. about the only ancent fish I could think of I might have to have is a albino clown knife. or a royal clown knife.

I am leaning twards peanuts idea of a SA community. with some Pbass as the center piece. But I am still not totally sold on that either.

I wouldn't like this tank as a bar b/c if it was a bar where is the filtration and I don't drink anyway. lol

The end plan for this tank is it's going to be built into a basement wall when I move and A recliner is going to go inside the bend to make it feel like you are surounded buy a lot bigger tank.

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
the big blakc piece is part of the trailer it is currently sitting on at the guys house. lol and the white thing is styrafoam to keep the glass away from the metal.

I don't want to do any substraight the only thing that I think is going to be in this tank is a couple of pieces of big ass driftwood. so this way it will be by far my biggest tank and at the same time the easiest to clean and mantane.

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
Hdeuce;1998948; said:
what about fossil cats ?
never heard of one got a pic?
Ill have to have some type of bigger cat but no TSN or RTC it has to live its life in this tank. I am afraid of some thing like a RTC or TSn growing to large and me not having someone to give or sell it to that can house it better then I. This tank will put me WAY WAY far ahead of anyone I personally know thats in the hobby and if I got a fish that would outgrow this thing then I got no one to take it. And it's not like I could grow something out for johnPTC or arapimag They are to far away from me and might not even way it anyway.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
koop171;1998944; said:
the big black piece is part of the trailer it is currently sitting on at the guys house. lol and the white thing is styrofoam to keep the glass away from the metal.

I don't want to do any substrate the only thing that I think is going to be in this tank is a couple of pieces of big ass driftwood. so this way it will be by far my biggest tank and at the same time the easiest to clean and maintain.
Ahhhh
I see now...
So what did this beast cost ya anyhow?

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
zennzzo;1998970; said:
Ahhhh
I see now...
So what did this beast cost ya anyhow?

For the tank, stand, filters, pumps, tops, lights, pluming (I think), and for him to deliver. It cost me $1K. I feel like i'm in cali for that kinda deal.

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
1 k for that !!!!! Make love to me slowly and unwillingly!!!! HELL!!!

I would stab a stranger, his kids and pets to death with a spoon for that deal!! that would be like 15 000$ over here!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store