My Ornatum is an Oddball now, what to do...what to do...

What should I do with the Ornatum?

• Leave him in there and hope for the best.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Put him back in his former tank and hope he doesn't kill the snooks.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Sell him since he no longer fits into the grand scheme of things.

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • I have a better idea, you should....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
Good deal, I'm glad things worked out for you:) any aggression towards the snooks? And how about some pics now;) lol

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Exactly the same situation I'm in with my big male festae now. Not sure if I should try him with the smaller jags and devils again or if its just asking for trouble. I think you're on the right track, give it a go and watch closely, if it doesn't work then sell him. They're getting easier to find from what I gather so you could always pick up another later on.

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
Good deal, I'm glad things worked out for you:) any aggression towards the snooks? And how about some pics now;) lol
No aggression that I've seen, even when they swim all around him. I'll try to snap some pics.

yes balton and you should sell me your festae pair and start over from scratch, i promise to take good care of them
Lol I'm sure you would but sorry not for sale. There's a chance I might have a nice Ornatum on the market. :)

Exactly the same situation I'm in with my big male festae now. Not sure if I should try him with the smaller jags and devils again or if its just asking for trouble. I think you're on the right track, give it a go and watch closely, if it doesn't work then sell him. They're getting easier to find from what I gather so you could always pick up another later on.
Thanks and GL with your situation. The Ornatum are def getting easier to find. My lfs has them in stock for $85 for 2.5-3"ers.

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
That's them from a year ago, the pic was taken July 7, 2010. Lately though, the male has been striping up and chasing the female around.

Gruff Master

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2009
St. Augustine, Fl
www.alexteralbury.com
That's them from a year ago, the pic was taken July 7, 2010. Lately though, the male has been striping up and chasing the female around.
Get the divider ready or what ever you need to do to get this pair to have a successful spawn. I'd gladly get some fry from you.

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
cant wait till i get my ornatum on thursday ,also whats the growth rate on these, also balton who is your supplier for fish because they are always stunning

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store