My oscar is a little b!tc|-| !!

Lukee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
i've had him for a week now.. and he still hasnt stopped hiding. not even coming up to the survace..
he sometimes leans on his side, he is about 4" and in a 30gal..
not for sure though, it looks bigger to me..
with a gibbicep
what the hell is wrong with him. i am calling the cheapo asian store up tomorrow since they're closed on wednesday to see if i can get a refund..
the store isnt bad i just think the fish in the oscar tank might have been oversstocked causing ammonia?

twitchynose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
there are a lot of reasons the oscar could be hiding...hes prolly way stressed. i'd give him some more time.

Mystix212

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
All oscars lay on thier side. Just thier way of sulking really. Dont refund it, just give him some time and he'll come true. Dim the lights/ shorten the hours. Also how much traffic is there IE people walking past? This often leads to new small fish getting stressed due to constant outside movement.

Lukee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
well he is in a tank in the shed with windows..
he has a light which i dont use (stupid of me to buy..)
and i always look at him...
because right out side there is a massive tramp..olympic.. and i constantly bounce...
do you think that would stress him out??
i'm not sure if he would be able to hear me...
i got a lock for the door..

Mystix212

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks, Its not mine, but roughly 22" and in a 350G or something, not sure. I dont think the bouncing would scare him, but just give him some time.

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
Lukee;1078816; said:
i've had him for a week now.. and he still hasnt stopped hiding. not even coming up to the survace..
he sometimes leans on his side, he is about 4" and in a 30gal..
not for sure though, it looks bigger to me..
with a gibbicep
what the hell is wrong with him. i am calling the cheapo asian store up tomorrow since they're closed on wednesday to see if i can get a refund..
the store isnt bad i just think the fish in the oscar tank might have been oversstocked causing ammonia?
actually you know what you do that, and get a refund for the pleco too, then sell your tank setup....

because clearly you know nothing about fish...:wall::lock:

krzr3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2006
CT
Water params? How often do you do water changes, since the tank is in a "shed." Plus a 30 gallon is way to small...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store