My OTHER scaled friends. Aka SNAKES!!!

thechief

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2012
the dirty south
Yeah. I love my girls. If I had to get rid of them I would be heart broken. Not sure how or when you lost her chief but sorry that you did. You could always get another!!!!

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
My mom made me get rid of her when my
Sister was born :/ and yeah I agree I would get different substrate eco earth is really good
Sent from my M9200 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
Dirt is better than eco earth, and reptile carpet shouldn't even exist. I didn't notice the carpet at first or I would have said something. I do not mean cover as in hides, just something to break sight lines and make him feel hidden. Leaves work.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I'd say I'm more into snakes than I am fish. I used to have a croc monitor and Nile monitor, 3 red tails (Bolivian, Nicaraguan and Guyana), desert king, banded file snake, and a bunch of balls. I got rid of all of them over time cuz I fell in love with retics so now I just have 3 retics.

I agree though, you need to replace the carpet with cypress mulch (my preferred substrate) or something else that can hold moisture well and cover at least half of that screen top to ensure that it has proper humidity.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
I'd say I'm more into snakes than I am fish. I used to have a croc monitor and Nile monitor, 3 red tails (Bolivian, Nicaraguan and Guyana), desert king, banded file snake, and a bunch of balls. I got rid of all of them over time cuz I fell in love with retics so now I just have 3 retics.

I agree though, you need to replace the carpet with cypress mulch (my preferred substrate) or something else that can hold moisture well and cover at least half of that screen top to ensure that it has proper humidity.

I prefer just organic dirt, no manure. Cypress is more expensive, and dirt is more natural. My bp was on dirt and immediately he turned into a feeding machine. Even when he had mites he ate.

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
Well that's the only thing I can think of where they all got mites from cuz that was the only change that was made. Let's just hope neither of us gets mites again cuz they seriously suck!

I've had them just appear even when no change was made. Recently I found the best way to get rid of mites so far. I coated the entire cage (even the screen) in prevent a mite after taking him out. I put in paper towels and waited for it to dry. While it was drying I kept him out of it. I gave him a soak then sprayed him with mite off. That was the only treatment I did and mites are all gone

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I've had them just appear even when no change was made. Recently I found the best way to get rid of mites so far. I coated the entire cage (even the screen) in prevent a mite after taking him out. I put in paper towels and waited for it to dry. While it was drying I kept him out of it. I gave him a soak then sprayed him with mite off. That was the only treatment I did and mites are all gone
Sounds good. That would be tough for me cuz my biggest snake is a 13ft retic so I have nowhere to out it while waiting. What I found is to use no pest strips. Depending on the size of the cage, I'll cut the piece into strips and place them in each enclosure and it kills all of them and is perfectly safe for the snakes. I haven't had mites since and I stopped putting those strips in about 2 years ago

Hummingbird

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2012
Singapore
I just wanted to post a few pics of my other babies and see if anyone else hear loves them too!!

The boa constrictor is in "blue" or about ready to shed and the ball python is super hungry!! It's feeding day!!! Lol.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Your scaled friends are cool... too bad they are not legal where I'm from ...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store