My P13 group (video)

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
Top quality p13. Love how the big spot doesn't turn into doughnuts like most of the p13 that you see out there. Do you know if the parents of these rays have doughnut spots?
Just checked with rayrayray my best and most trusted stingray friend (the breeder) and he tells me both parents had big clean spots that were showing slight eclipsing on the outer disc, the very reason I bought them. For me "big" round spots are everything in a P13 or P12, weather or not its a classic or full BD is of secondary importance. Because one of my girls is 100% BD and the father is BD x Classic the pups from this pairing will be 75% BD, this could I hope give me the best of both worlds, nice white clean spots from the BD and big round spots influence from the classic...excited to see what I get....hopefully the right combo.

So looking back at the video, it looks like the female with the most spots was the one that always had the huge butt like my leohen? And now you see movement in her? How much fatter is she now holding pups?
Hi Trev,
Your absolutely right, just like your girl, always had a huge back end on her, they mated many months ago but never saw any movement. This was her first mating. I was beginning to wonder if old Elton was firing blanks lol! then I noticed this BD female was gravid also. To answer your question ...no she doesn't look that much bigger, having said that I have no idea when they copulated so the movement might be from pups only eight to ten days into gestation, just don't know.
Hopefully all will go well and I can post pics of the pups in due course.

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
what size are the male and female richard ?
love the spots on elton and i loved the rays giles had because of the nice clean spots they had rather than the mishapen markings or doughnuts alot of the newer ones seem to have.

good looking rays !

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
Super Nicke top qualiity
Thanks Johan...much appreciated.
Good to see new members on here joining this big Stingray family.

what size are the male and female richard ?
love the spots on elton and i loved the rays giles had because of the nice clean spots they had rather than the mishapen markings or doughnuts alot of the newer ones seem to have.

good looking rays !
Cheers Gaz.

I too am a big fan of big round spots, having said that I do like many on here that don't possess them. So long as they are pretty much symmetrical or just have a real nice arrangement of spots I can live with that, far too many messy ones about for me, at the end of the day I would much prefer a nice clean round spotted classic than a low grade BD, call them what you wish.
My trio are only small, Elton is approx 12" disc (he was a very small pup compared to his siblings) and the girls are both approx 15-16".

Its good to have some reliable history on your rays or the rays we buy.

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
thats a really good size richard. do you think they will grow much more ? .
the pups are going to be great, especially if they keep the small size of the parents or grow to be smaller than the parents as seems to be the case in aquariums as generations continue.

Reactions: MHDevelopments

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
thats a really good size richard. do you think they will grow much more ? .
the pups are going to be great, especially if they keep the small size of the parents or grow to be smaller than the parents as seems to be the case in aquariums as generations continue.
Hi Gaz,

Well they are all about 6 years old now, if they are still growing its at a very slow rate, I don't see Elton growing anymore to be honest, he was tiny as a pup and has stayed that way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store