My ray help!

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
If your tank was properly cycled and you removed the substrate then you'll more than likely have water problems not as your substrate acts as a bio media. I'd do smaller more frequent water changes or drip. Is he breathing heavily?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rayguy84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
pennsylvania
Your Ph is too high for starters (allegedly) and appears to be a hint of ammonia.......do yourself a favor and get a quality Ph probe and a QUALITY test kit those API kits aren't real accurate from day one and get worse with time.....ELOS makes a good kit. the ammonia/ammonium kit is a 3 part closer to lab grade. As far as your Ph seachem makes a powdered neutral regulator that will soften the water and adjust your Ph to pretty close to 7.0 ......a good start

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Hold on before you start adding chemicals and what, Who says a ph of 7.0 is required or needed in a ray tank?

Your Ph is too high for starters (allegedly) and appears to be a hint of ammonia.......do yourself a favor and get a quality Ph probe and a QUALITY test kit those API kits aren't real accurate from day one and get worse with time.....ELOS makes a good kit. the ammonia/ammonium kit is a 3 part closer to lab grade. As far as your Ph seachem makes a powdered neutral regulator that will soften the water and adjust your Ph to pretty close to 7.0 ......a good start

rayguy84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
pennsylvania
That's why my first suggestion was to get a probe to know for sure before u do anything......personally I've found my rays to be more lethargic at higher Ph levels just my personal opinion from my experience my rays thrive at about a 6.8 but that's just mine but I also said it was a good place to start if that's adding to the stress of his ray

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store