My ray help!

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
I would not have added salt as stated but hey ho. And the PH should not be a problem so long as it is stable. Do not mess with the PH you will end up on a roller coaster of messing with water chemistry and have little time for actually enjoying your ray.

mattfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2013
Michigan
is he just lifting his edges up or is he acting like he is scratching himself? My rays were kept in a bare bottom tank and when i put them in my tank with peace river gravel they would lift their edges and scratch themselves. they did that for a while. This is just my opinion but maybe think about adding a U.V. light to that system. he could have bacteria issues. Just a thought.

mattfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2013
Michigan
A U.V. sterilizer unit is always a great insurance policy to have! There is absolutely Nothing wrong with having one run! Just so we are on the same page though, A ultra violet sterilzer is a canister that water runs threw that a U.V. light bulb sits inside of. you cannot look at true U.V. light, it will dammage your eyes. if you have a tank under 200 gallons a 25 watt unit will work Great! the best brand names are "AquaUltraviolet" and "LifeGuard"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store