My tank seal gave out :(

ukgoffer

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2012
Westport, CT
I lost my 125g acrylic last year while on a business trip - bless my wife and my LFS that dropped in to help at 5am. Acrylic can be re-sealed. You can work it like wood. Where is the leak?

Newt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan's UP
Sorry about your tank. That really sucks. :(

Hopefully you can re-seal it, like some other posters said there are a lot of YouTube videos now about repairing acrylic tanks.

This is one reason I stick with glass, even if it is heavier. If it does bust a seam I can fix it fast with silicon the same day, or easily repair a cracked panel.

mr fishy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
florida
The trough was like $75 after tax for 110 gallon. I looked at a "300 gallon L shaped tank" it was a custom oddball 200 gallon build for specific spot in a house. I had to pass...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Wow that's not expensive at all what are the dimensions of it?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Sizzlahr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2011
indianapolis
I lost my 125g acrylic last year while on a business trip - bless my wife and my LFS that dropped in to help at 5am. Acrylic can be re-sealed. You can work it like wood. Where is the leak?
The leak is between the back and side panel... I don't know how to reseal it.. Ill check on YouTube but I'm also looking for a new tank.. Maybe considering selling my fish collection ..

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bassguy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2010
Limbo
I've repaired acrylic tank seams with weld-on 4 and 16. If done right it works great! I've got a 90 gal that I bought and repaired three years ago still running with no problems.

Sizzlahr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2011
indianapolis
Hey, I called my LFS and they said that i could just reseal my tank with aquarium grade silicone.. Is that all that it will take? Will this work with acrylic?

nevermind.. just called back and asked another employee... will not work.. but they do have the glue to fix it.. I just dont want to run into this again.. you know?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store