NBA fans welcome.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
yea but shaq got 3 of 4 with kobe so it may be more accurate to say kobe was a key part in shaq's success

but in the end, I think they both won it with eachother. and they both may have won it with other star players at those times. kobe may have won those first 3 with mutumbo and shaq may have won those first 3 with tracy mgrady for examples

zfoster22

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2008
kansas city
Wellll you do make a valid point. Them two together were a good combo for the lakers, but I'm no fan of them. Bulls and Knicks for me. But last year I really started to follow the kings due to the signing of Isiah Thomas then this year the got Ben Mclemore so I'm gunna be excited to watch them too.

Cod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
Michigan
I too dislike the conversation that Kobe wuldnt have won 3 w/o shaq and vice-versa, those 2 complimented each others scoring ability, plus their ability to dominate their position. Best 1, 2 combo ever.

If the Lakers still dont compete this year, i do hope the Spurs can win another title, they deserve it, such a COMPLETE, model franchise.

schulace123

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
MINNESOTA
Massive Twolves fan, last year was a huge disappointment with the insane injuries (I think I heard it was an nba record)...like Kevin Martin but defense is an issue. Pek is a beast and at 60 million for around a 16 and 9 guy it seems about market value so I have no issue with that. Wish we could have retained AK47, but im fine with brewer off the bench I guess.

The only thing that has upset me more then anything else is not drafting CJ moccollum. I sat watching the draft when he was available at the 9th pick, and we traded down for Shabazz and Dieng. Flip Saunders take on this was that he wanted size for a two guard, but then went after JJ reddick and OJ Mayo in free agency, which makes zero sense. Flip showed me that he does not understand relative value of draft picks, giving me a reason to doubt his abilities as a prospect evaluator. I still get a little heated about this draft!

zfoster22

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2008
kansas city
Massive Twolves fan, last year was a huge disappointment with the insane injuries (I think I heard it was an nba record)...like Kevin Martin but defense is an issue. Pek is a beast and at 60 million for around a 16 and 9 guy it seems about market value so I have no issue with that. Wish we could have retained AK47, but im fine with brewer off the bench I guess.

The only thing that has upset me more then anything else is not drafting CJ moccollum. I sat watching the draft when he was available at the 9th pick, and we traded down for Shabazz and Dieng. Flip Saunders take on this was that he wanted size for a two guard, but then went after JJ reddick and OJ Mayo in free agency, which makes zero sense. Flip showed me that he does not understand relative value of draft picks, giving me a reason to doubt his abilities as a prospect evaluator. I still get a little heated about this draft!
Mann I would have expected a twolve fan to have said something about how they let trey burke go to the jazz.

schulace123

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
MINNESOTA
I was never a big burke fan...summer league means nothing but man its like he was 2 and a half steps slower then everyone else, plus we got Rubio. I agree with the argument that you always take best player available but I honestly don't thing he was best player available, I think CJ was. An excellent 1 2 combo guard that can fill it up...and recent 4 year college guards have proven they can ball...HUGE mistake by us in my opinion.

zfoster22

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2008
kansas city
True True it seems alot of players that do good in college aren't always up to par with they step up to pro level. I never really watched cj play only watched and followed a few collegiate teams like missouri, kansas, and michigan for the most part. But i guess this year ill see him play..

Cod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
Michigan
Ricky Rubio isn't a complete point guard in the aspect he cannot shoot well. Yes he can make plays, pass, dribble well. I felt they shuld've kept trey burke to push Rubio to another level. He needs to practice on his shots. I feel Kevin Love will want out of Minne soon

cmsbthebest

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
CA

It's too bad Kevin love is basically a lock to leave. I guess that's what happens when you had the worst basketball executive running your franchise for so many years.

KAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHNNNNNNN

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

cmsbthebest

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
CA
I've never followed or been a fan of the Lakers. I know kobe got injured in the playoffs, but speakin that it's just an achillies he should be ready to play this year.

Don't even get me started on LeBron I honestly 100% despise his floppin self.
Just an Achilles? Arguably one of the worst injuries an older player can get. Ended isiah Thomas's career and really hampered Chauncey billups all last season.

I think Kobe is a fool to try and rush back, but he's too egotistical to realize faster isn't always better.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store