Netflix to raise prices soon!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
You keep asking what consumers would do if the roles were reversed,that's besides the point as I only look at this from a consumer's point of view...no need to go into hypothetics and yeah,it is greed whether it's two cents or two bucks.The link that I referred to that West posted clearly pointed out how the company has prospered and has done better than they were projected to in a certain quarter..so what do they do?...Raise prices to rake in more money.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Why would i look at it in the eye of the consumer when im already offering a great product that sells itself? Heck, i dont even like netflix but i pay less in a year for it then i pay for cable in one month and im far more disappointed in my bang for my bucks for cable so i dont blame them one bit for raising the price

West link also talked about licensing to production companies to show their movies going up...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Because YOU are not offering anything,you are a paying customer and of course Netflix is far cheaper than cable because it is not cable.You keep bringing up these two things that are beside the point of them raising their prices.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Not that simple? Theyve already gone from 5.99 a month for dvd and streaming to 6.99 a piece. Thats already double the old price. No reason they cant raise the price as their only competitor is redbox and hulu if its for NEW CUSTOMERS. The split and price increase last time was a huge deal because a service that most people werent using was taken away. Thats the dvd in the mail option unless you paid for it separately

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
At that time, Amazon was just getting themselves established and RFedbox wasn't adding an on-line streaming portion to their business. With the growth in Hulu, Amazon's high cash flow for investment and Redbox entering into the game, I would strongly reconsider risking my market share. Especially after what happen last time.

Let's also consider that my internet and TV is bundled into one bill. Without TV, I'd pay $60 a month. I only pay $25-30 more for the TV portion as both are discounted for the bundle. $90 total.

$8 for DVDs through Netflix
$8 for streaming through Netflix
$7 for Hulu (just a guess)
$7 for Amazon (Est. stolen from above)

$30 Total - One might argue that the market is still fairly competitive.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
At that time, Amazon was just getting themselves established and RFedbox wasn't adding an on-line streaming portion to their business. With the growth in Hulu, Amazon's high cash flow for investment and Redbox entering into the game, I would strongly reconsider risking my market share. Especially after what happen last time.

Let's also consider that my internet and TV is bundled into one bill. Without TV, I'd pay $60 a month. I only pay $25-30 more for the TV portion as both are discounted for the bundle. $90 total.

$8 for DVDs through Netflix
$8 for streaming through Netflix
$7 for Hulu (just a guess)
$7 for Amazon (Est. stolen from above)

$30 Total - One might argue that the market is still fairly competitive.
Does your cable bundle include any movie channels? I really can't compare Netflix to the basic channels on cable. You need at least one premium movie channel for comparative product. Basic cable is more like hulu.

Someone mention above cable channels getting unbundled? That could be a game changer if it ever happens. It needs to. I wish people would get in an uproar over cable instead of pissing and moaning over a dollar or two increase from streaming services. I honestly expect all streaming services to increase their prices with DVD mega companies gone

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Lol,I got tired of too much I wanted see being only available on DVD.
Download FireFox, install HOLA https://hola.org/

This is how HOLA works. Let's say you pick a movie and it says it's not available to stream but only on DVD. So all you have to do is change countries in HOLA, I use Britain mainly, sometimes Canada, then type in the movie again, and it will most likely be available. There are thousands of movies not available in the US but available in Canada or over seas. Quality is the same, speed is the same as well. I use a 3mb internet, no buffering.

HOLA is also a awesome add on to get around blocked websites such as Facebook, YouTube, etc.

It's free as well.

I heard that current subscribers will be allowed to stay at their current price for a generous amount of time. So I assume everyone at some point will get the price increase.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Download FireFox, install HOLA https://hola.org/

This is how HOLA works. Let's say you pick a movie and it says it's not available to stream but only on DVD. So all you have to do is change countries in HOLA, I use Britain mainly, sometimes Canada, then type in the movie again, and it will most likely be available. There are thousands of movies not available in the US but available in Canada or over seas. Quality is the same, speed is the same as well. I use a 3mb internet, no buffering.

HOLA is also a awesome add on to get around blocked websites such as Facebook, YouTube, etc.

It's free as well.

I heard that current subscribers will be allowed to stay at their current price for a generous amount of time. So I assume everyone at some point will get the price increase.
I don't stream on my computer. Is that the only way?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store