NEVER GO TO PETCO!!! PICTURES!

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
As fantastic as some PetSmarts can be, they still have the same stock as the bad ones. Soooooooooo they all equally suck IMO lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
IMO you take risk when you buy fish from Petco, pet smart, and even LFS a lot of factors come into play as far how much stress the fish went through shipping the fish from from point A to point B , WC fish are less hardy than CB , and fish farms mass produce therefore keeping fish in crowded , and unnatural conditions. So when you buy a fish even though it looks fine may possibly harboring parasites, ich etc.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I live in Westminster, when is the dollar a gallon sale, as I said, I have a 60 dollar gift card there and I haven't used it yet
You live in Westminster? There's plenty of lfs's up in that area. I have to drive like 30-45 min to get to the stores up there. There's only like 2 in my area and their selections aren't very good at all

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Interesting that that PetSmart has saltwater fish as none of the ones I've been to in this city ever have.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
More importantly than any of this talk about lfs', you should be quarantining ANY new fish from ANY where in a hospital tank BEFORE they go into your main tank for at least 2 weeks.

Hammersparx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
Waldorf,MD
Petco near me has always done fine by me. Tanks are always clean. Even if I encounter a dirty tank it os clean by the next day. Never bought a sick fish from them. They always have what I want in stock. Sorry you had a bad experience. I agree not all petcos are that bad

Sent from my SPH-L520 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

richkid

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
Penn's Woods
KRich I think that's cause he's talking about petco. I've seen salt there but never petsmart. I agree that different locations of chain stores have varying quality. The petsmart near me is terrible the one in the next area is great. So I'll take an extra few minutes to go. But also like someone said the chains all carry the same stock mostly. Good luck being surprised.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
KRich I think that's cause he's talking about petco.
Okay,I typed the wrong store name.That was probably because they are both pretty much the same here....no saltwater.

Cod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
Michigan
My the closest petco is fairly decent, i dont see any dead fish, seen some sick ones, but the staff try their best to get them back to health. Again one store cant speak for all. I got 8 saltwater fish from Petco and they were all lively until i lost them on my move.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store