Never saw one of these before! Ideas??

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Flatheads, Blues and Channel cats are the most common species fished for by hand. But a piebald channel cat is not common anywhere as far as I'm aware. This is a really cool looking fish and what's even cooler is it's natural not a man made aquarium strain.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Is this common for you guys in the states being a channel cat?? and is this the species i wotch the Mad guys Noodle for with there hands and heads underwater :screwy:
The coloration definitely isn't common, I've never caught a channel that wasn't the typical light blue/grey coloration. People who go noodling tend to target flathead catfish, bigger and meaner and apparently more fun to put your hand in their mouths.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
My family owns a pond and ordered 200 fingering blue channels several years ago from a hatchery that stocks ponds. There was one that was like this and a few pure albino.
Beautiful animals

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Beautiful channel cat, if anyone has one I'd be happy to take it off your hands :D

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Anyone live near catfish hatcheries who could find some and get them for those of us who want them?
I wish...I'd have to give them away out of PA unfortunately...no selling the natives! lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store