Never saw one of these before! Ideas??

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
There's a U of Georgia hatchery about 10-12 miles from me....but, those are 1 in 10,000-1,000,000 odds you're ever gonna get to see another one. I've never seen a piebald blue catfish, and I've seen ALOT. I think that piebald trait has something to do with inferior genetics, at least in whitetail deer anyway, from what I've read. Besides that, the Blue Catfish gets big QUICK. In the right conditions, 10 pds. and 30" fish @ 3-4 years isn't out of the ordinary. The warmer the water, the more aggressive and shark-like they act also. I personally saw a 44 pound Blue Catfish , barely alive and floating, with a 9 pound channel catfish stuck in its throat dead, with dorsal and pectoral fins locked into place after it had been inhaled head first . Wish I had a picture....but you'll just have to believe the story. Cut the spines off the channel catfish and removed it. The big blue catfish just barely swam off.....more like sunk afterwards. Tennessee River, Downtown Chattanooga. 2006.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Neither have I ever seen piebald channels or piebald or even just albino blues before.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store